Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to avoid misbubbling?  (Read 562 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How to avoid misbubbling?
« on: August 29, 2005, 09:45:05 PM »
I just went through the feb 1996 preptest I took and I noticed I misbubbled one of the LG which could've gotten me up a point from 157 to 158.  This seems to occur frequently for me, especially on a LR section where I hit the questions in waves and not in order.  Does this happen to others as well?  This is kind of a concern since 157 and 158 does actually make a difference.  Is there any specific remedy?  Thanks.

lawstudent3

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to avoid misbubbling?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 09:47:04 PM »
Just see what works best for you.  On LR and RC, I bubble question by question.  On LG, I do it game by game.  I do it that way for games since I get in a mode for a game and just want to keep going, unlike, for instance, each LR question which is a question unto itself.

I also physically circle the answer in the exam book before I bubble.  This way, when I'm checking over my answers, I can see what I chose as confirmation of whether or not I bubbled correctly.

jdw112

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:49:52 PM »

A) Do you bubble after you select an answer for each question
B) Do you bubble once you have completed a section?
C) Do you bubble after each game
D) Do you bubble using another method?
E) Do you simply lick the scantron hoping for the best?

(a) (b) (c) (d) (e)

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 09:58:45 PM »
on LG I bubble after finishing each game
on LR, I bubble after finishing 1 page worth of questions
ditto for RC

supergirluw

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 10:09:13 PM »
i'm bubbling on the lsat as i've bubbled every standardized test my whole life - page by page. nearly all standardized tests have about 5 questions a page, which allows you to focus hardcore on the test, shift away for 15 seconds, bubble, and shift back. this works well for me on the LSAT because concentration is a necessity. plus, this way i can circle answers and determine the right answer correctly, and come back to it on the page without worrying about erasing a bubble.

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 10:37:14 PM »
after thinking a bit about it, I actually take the same approach as you, since a game always takes exactly 1 page. 

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 10:58:49 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.  However, I can't use this approach for LR because I do the questions in waves, and not in order.  I think this is what causes me to misbubble once in awhile, but I want to stick to this strategy since it's been really effective for me.
Somehow I have to find a balanace and not mess up on the real LSAT.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 11:30:47 PM »
in waves?

BTW, I always bubble one at a time (LR, RC or LG). I'm a little paranoid.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

desi desi desi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 11:44:36 PM »
If you need help with this, then perhaps you should reassess whether you should even be taking the LSAT.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »
If you need help with this, then perhaps you should reassess whether you should even be taking the LSAT.

believe it or not, a lot of people actually do end up misbubbling on the real LSAT.
I suggest that if you can't give a proper advice, don't even bother replying.  Trolls like you are just annoying.