Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Testmasters Nightmare  (Read 4283 times)

NYUdreams

• View Profile
Testmasters Nightmare
« on: August 29, 2005, 07:58:40 PM »
I had the most disturbing experience this weekend.  I started a Testmasters course (I thought it was the real thing) on Saturday and I today found out that it was an imposter course.  The first day of class started out with:

1. Being stopped by the campus police at two different floors to be ID'ed before entering the Testmasters classroom.  I thought this was unnecessary but now it makes sense since there is current litigation going on between the real Testmasters and the phony one.
2.  I started to get suspicious when our instructor handed out our books which was a simple black binder and two badly-done color photocopies of 50 LSAT exams.  This is what constituted our class materials for the entire class which lasts for four weekends.
3.  A student asked our instructor if she was a lawyer and she said "no" and when asked if she attended law school she also said "no".  When pressed to give her scores she said that she got a 172 on the LSAT but her expertise was logic reasoning so someone else would be teaching us logic games.
4.  The homework given to us was 8 LSAT logical reasoning questions due in two weeks!!! THAT'S IT.
5.  I found out today that the Testmasters in Texas has only been teaching LSAT preparation since 2003 and they are a SAT preparation company that has absolutely no experience in teaching the LSAT.  They hit paydirt when the obtained the domain name of Testmasters.com leading many unsuspecting prospective law students to believe that they are the real Testmasters which can actually be found at Testmasters180.com
6.  We were asked to sign an agreement stating that we are not working for another testing company and we were also notified that a company by the name of Robin Singh Educational Services has been harrassing them and their students.  Unbeknownst to me at the time Robin Singh is the owner of the real Testmasters.  The only way to find out these facts is after the facts.

Sadly there are numerous other students in the class that have no idea that they are taking a bogus Testmasters course which will not even help them raise their score. 

If anyone has had a similar experience please contact me at creditpower2003@yahoo.com because I will not be a victim to this company's deceit.

jdw112

Re: Testmasters Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 07:59:44 PM »
Your flame is weak.

NYUdreams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 08:03:11 PM »
Don't judge my flame by my email. We will see how weak it is when I face them in court for fraud.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 08:05:03 PM »
Never trust a woman with one pair of shoes.

jdw112

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 08:07:01 PM »

Never trust a woman with one pair of shoes.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 08:20:25 PM »

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 12:56:24 AM »
a woman with one pair of shoes is a MAN, BABY! YEAH!
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

itsmegark

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 12:41:27 AM »
Almost there with my score!

LawBoundLoser

• AOL Instant Messenger - TheOmidFactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 05:25:20 PM »
Interesting. I took the Texas-based Testmasters course at their Home office. This company has been there for YEARS. In truth, the instructors were brilliant (178-180) and the out-of-class support was unmatched. A part of their course materials were every official LSAT prep test issued (approx 50 tests). They acquired these as all prep agencies must, by getting the license to distribute.

I started off at 150, and last scored 165 just before the real administration. That's some serious prepping.
Legal: Temple
Paralegal: Texas
Illegal: Georgetown, GWU

"We believe in nothing, Lebowski"