Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Damn....  (Read 430 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Damn....
« on: August 29, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »
I took one of the TM's diagnostic today on my own (february 1996) and I scored 157.  I'm pretty disappointed but I felt I did a lot worse when I took it.  I did it under strict time condition and took break after two sections.  I can't believe this had such a brutal curve (160 being 77 correct answers) since I did not find this exam easy, especially the LR and LG.

Pretty disappointed but my goal is to secure 158 so I guess I just need to suck up and stick to all the lessons. :-\

theunderdog

Re: Damn....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 04:57:13 PM »
The third game from February 1996 was tricky, particularly the last two questions.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 05:24:58 PM »
The third game from February 1996 was tricky, particularly the last two questions.

didn't u find the RC hard as well? I didn't find this RC any easier than the 2000s RC did you?
As well I couldn't finish LG...I got stomped on the third game, so i couldn't get to the fourth one.  I gotta figure out a way to do all 4 games...

theo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Fine surname
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 05:25:39 PM »
That game is from one of three Feb. exams released last year with explanations for each answer choice; I recommend the book, "LSAT SuperPrep", to everybody.  The explanations are straightforward, and it's interesting to see how they rate each question for difficulty on a 1-5 scale.

The games on the other two provide some nasty moments; one is an even worse version of the birds (Jays, wrens, harriers, grosbeaks etc.) in/out of the forest game, from Dec. 2000.
quid leges sine moribus vanae proficiunt?

theunderdog

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 05:36:41 PM »

didn't u find the RC hard as well? I didn't find this RC any easier than the 2000s RC did you?
As well I couldn't finish LG...I got stomped on the third game, so i couldn't get to the fourth one.  I gotta figure out a way to do all 4 games...

Rating the difficulty level of RC passages is relative.  My friend took the test recently (it was his first LSAT test - with not much preparation other than what little I've told him), finished with 5 minutes left to spare and scored 23/27. 

Heed theo's advice.  The Superprep books have exceptional explanations, and includes explanations for all of the 3 TM self-diagnostics.

etherealism

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 05:36:52 PM »
That game is one of three Feb. exams released last year with explanations for each answer choice; I recommend the book, "LSAT SuperPrep", to everybody. The explanations are straightforward, and it's interesting to see how they rate each question for difficulty on a 1-5 scale.

The games on the other two provide some nasty moments; one is an even worse version of the birds (Jays, wrens, harriers, grosbeaks etc.) in/out of the forest game, from Dec. 2000.

yea that game provided some pretty nasty moments to me yesterday during my diag.  :(

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 05:37:59 PM »

Rating the difficulty level of RC passages is relative.  My friend took the test recently (it was his first LSAT test - with not much preparation other than what little I've told him), finished with 5 minutes left to spare and scored 23/27. 

Heed theo's advice.  The Superprep books have some exceptional explanations, and includes explanations for all of the 3 TM self-diagnostics.

How did you find the exam?  Did you find it hard or easy?  Just felt that the hard curve was kinda uncalled for.  But that's just my opinion.

theunderdog

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 05:41:24 PM »
The Feb 96' was the first diagnostic I ever took and I scored a 149.  I got butchered by all the sections.  Had the opportunity to review the test with my friend this past weekend and had no problems with any of the games.  But it's a difficult games section.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 07:45:11 PM »
The Feb 96' was the first diagnostic I ever took and I scored a 149.  I got butchered by all the sections.  Had the opportunity to review the test with my friend this past weekend and had no problems with any of the games.  But it's a difficult games section.

Yeah it's been awhile since I've seen a section where there wasn't really any easy games.  They all seemed either very hard or very hard to diagram.  Oh well, I'm gonna go over them in about 30min to see what I've missed. ???