Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Update at Penn  (Read 7312 times)

lawst

• View Profile
Re: Update at Penn
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2004, 11:27:44 PM »
Snoopy- I got the rejection in the mail, yes.

Dave123- I live in Los Angeles. I went to UCLA and graduated with a 3.9 GPA. However, I did poorly on my LSAT and only scored a 164.

Good luck to you.

dave123

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2004, 11:34:02 PM »
thanks a lot lawst...i'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone else though!

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2004, 10:15:43 AM »
thanks a lot lawst...i'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone else though!

With basically just two weeks the situation looks bad dave. The main thing for me is to avoid a rejection at this point, because I will be re-applying to schools next year and to not get any rejection cannot be bad. What are you doing for the year? Going to another school? Re-applying?

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2004, 03:26:16 PM »
Called and was told something was mailed August 5. DING!!!! Definitely drew the air from my sails.

Ginatio

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2004, 03:27:43 PM »
Called and was told something was mailed August 5. DING!!!! Definitely drew the air from my sails.

you received it already and it was a ding? or you're still waiting for it to arrive?

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2004, 03:38:53 PM »
Nah wouldnt have gotten the mail. They said they would email watever it was. Someone above mentioned getting a ding dated August 5. That looks like me. DING!!!!!

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2004, 03:39:51 PM »
I was rejected off of the waitlist today. Derek's letter was dated August 5th. I don't know if I would have been able to go this late in the game anyhow.

What does the letter say, so I know what to expect.

dave123

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
snoopy,

i'm sorry to hear that man.  i'm still planning on going to school somewhere else in the fall if penn doesn't go through, but i'm still crossing my fingers (knowing nothing is going to happen).  what part of the US do you live in though?  i'm trying to figure out if by some crazy reason i might have survived this round.  also, if you don't mind sharing your stats, i would apreciate it.

thanks!

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2004, 08:03:05 PM »

The letter says that the are sorry, but they will not be able to offer you a spot in their class this year. It goes on to say that admission was particularly competitive this year- 5200 apps for 240 places. Only about 16% got accepted. Yada yada yada.

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2004, 09:14:41 AM »

The letter says that the are sorry, but they will not be able to offer you a spot in their class this year. It goes on to say that admission was particularly competitive this year- 5200 apps for 240 places. Only about 16% got accepted. Yada yada yada.

It was not a gloating letter was it?