Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Update at Penn  (Read 7504 times)

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Update at Penn
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2004, 08:03:32 PM »
how'd your call with the admissions office go?

Anyone else still waiting? Anyone have any news? I won't give up hope until August 30.

Was told to call on Monday. I realise at this point I am probably dead in the water. But I will not give up hope until it is officially over.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2004, 09:51:03 PM »
Is anyone else seriously considering not going to law school and doing something else really interesting with 3 years and $125K ???

Nope.

I hate the working so much....

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2004, 02:58:34 PM »
Ok at this point I guess I have to give into reason. Penn is a no go :'(.  *Sigh*, oh well.

Ginatio

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2004, 03:01:20 PM »
what's your backup plan?

Ok at this point I guess I have to give into reason. Penn is a no go :'(.  *Sigh*, oh well.

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2004, 03:09:18 PM »
what's your backup plan?

Work. Apply next year. One thing is for certain I will be applying to about 10 or so schools.

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2004, 05:53:20 PM »
I was rejected off of the waitlist today. Derek's letter was dated August 5th. I don't know if I would have been able to go this late in the game anyhow.

Ginatio

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2004, 06:01:14 PM »
you know what though?

orientation is in 15 days. and it's mandatory. if people don't show up, then that gives the admissions office 4 days to round up replacements off the waitlist...

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2004, 06:40:41 PM »
I was rejected off of the waitlist today. Derek's letter was dated August 5th. I don't know if I would have been able to go this late in the game anyhow.

You got it in the mail? That sucks, sorry to hear. My mail service is really slow so I am pondering whether I should call to find out if I got the pink slip.

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2004, 06:42:33 PM »
you know what though?

orientation is in 15 days. and it's mandatory. if people don't show up, then that gives the admissions office 4 days to round up replacements off the waitlist...

I have but given up hope for this year. I think if I avert a rejection it will be a really good sign if I have to re-apply. So that is what my interest is.

dave123

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2004, 11:00:11 PM »
I'm still pretending that they may call a few of us, though I know that this is a Pipe Dream.

Lawst, what part of the US do you live in?  I am just curious as to which day I should be looking for my rejection.  Thanks a lot, and if you don't mind sharing your stats that would be very cool.

Thanks!