Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Update at Penn  (Read 7402 times)

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Update at Penn
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2004, 09:07:09 PM »
why dont they just reject us already then?
i think its stupid to keep people strung along if they know they arent goin to let them in. and i'm sure if they knew for sure they werent going to let us in even if spots opened they'd have already sent us the letters or rejection

Well they do need to have applicants on hand so that if people should drop out at the last minute then they have some insurace. However it should be noted that this is extremely unlikely, though I suspect people would be fired if the class goes underenrolled. What we are now is insurance, nothing more. I guess it is theoretically possible for some/one of us to get a last minute acceptance, however I think practically it is very unlikely. As for being stupid, Penn has to do what is right for them, just as we applicants do what is right for us. Everyone looks after their best interest, and this goes for all of the law schools in general.

Lydia

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.5/170/Penn
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kiwigrrl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2004, 01:54:45 PM »
I got officially accepted to Penn off the wait list today - just so people know, I think they asked a group of people and are waiting for their responses, so it seems possible that if some of these people turn Penn down others from the waitlist could be asked....but I really am not clear on how all this works.

As for me, I'm going...
Vote Kerry Nov. 2! Send Bush to Mars in 2004!

Get2knowU

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2004, 04:07:35 PM »
Lucky you.

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2004, 04:28:04 PM »
I got officially accepted to Penn off the wait list today - just so people know, I think they asked a group of people and are waiting for their responses, so it seems possible that if some of these people turn Penn down others from the waitlist could be asked....but I really am not clear on how all this works.

As for me, I'm going...

Lydia - #'s plz?

Lydia

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.5/170/Penn
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kiwigrrl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2004, 05:27:30 PM »
Sure.  3.5 GPA from a large state university 166 avg. LSAT score (162 1st time then 170).  Had a number of extracurriculars throught undergrad, including co-founding a student group.  Worked part time throughout undergrad except freshman year, 2 different internships (not at once!), study abroad exp.  I think the latter factors may have helped the fact that my GPA is lower than their median.  Also I grew up and currently live in Philadelphia, I don't know if that's something they take into account.

Good luck to those still on the waitlist.  I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging - I just wanted to let others know that they are still calling people.
Vote Kerry Nov. 2! Send Bush to Mars in 2004!

superiorlobe

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2004, 05:39:04 PM »
Is anyone else seriously considering not going to law school and doing something else really interesting with 3 years and $125K ???

buster

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2004, 05:43:52 PM »
I'm not sure that calculation's quite right. I doubt that most prospective law students have $125K sitting around collecting interest; I sure as hell don't. Now if someone might be willing to loan me that money to do something else really interesting for 3 years...

Is anyone else seriously considering not going to law school and doing something else really interesting with 3 years and $125K ???

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 08:58:05 PM »
Anyone else still waiting? Anyone have any news? I won't give up hope until August 30.

Ginatio

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 09:08:06 PM »
how'd your call with the admissions office go?

Anyone else still waiting? Anyone have any news? I won't give up hope until August 30.

ak09ine

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2004, 12:58:02 PM »
Hey-  don't mean to pry but i was wondering what kind of scores you guys got that youre being waitlisted at penn- i may be interested and i wanna know if i have a shot. thanks and bst of luck getting in.