Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Update at Penn  (Read 7292 times)

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Update at Penn
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2004, 07:28:36 PM »
Just realised not hearing anything yet doesnt really mean anything (at this point). The reason is they have to get to all of the WL right? Therefore they do ahve to get to us. What do you think?

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 07:32:28 PM »
me too...

Well they have to get to us some time. What are your feelings?

waitlister

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 08:31:54 PM »
trying not to think about it..... you are right.  they will tell me SOMETHING this week i think... (mid june and everything)

mangofodango@hotmail.com

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2004, 07:17:41 PM »
I'm still waiting on Penn too.
They sent me an email a few weeks ago saying that my application was now being reviewed and that a decision will be mailed by mid June. I imagine if that decision was favorable I'd have gotten it already. I should be getting the rejection any day now.

I will update when I hear.
My stats: 3.97/ 163

Good luck folks!

waitlister

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »
rejected on saturday.

mangofodango@hotmail.com

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 05:35:56 PM »
Just got an email from the folks at Penn telling me they are continuing to hold me on their waitlist unless I reply and ask to be removed from it. They will continue to consider me through the summer it says.

Anyone else get this?

Anyone crazy about Penn? I applied there bc it was top 10, but I just feel like I havent gotten that much positive feedback on it and was ruling it off my list (as if I can afford to be picky, i havent even gotten in) but still.

So if you've got good things to say about it, please post!

Ginatio

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 05:50:32 PM »
good things... i found the admissions staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful. facilities are nice but not the best compared to say stanford... oh my goodness... unbelievable facilities at stanford. no comparison.

another good thing is the noncompetitive atmosphere. no gpas or class rank, so people genuinely help each other because they don't care about class rankings.

another positive is the 70 hour pro bono requirement. it seems like it would be a great opportunity to practice the law before entering the workplace.

philly is a relatively cheap city to live in.

if you get bored of philly, nyc, atlantic city, and dc are within a 2-3 hour drive.

overall, penn is a highly regarded institution with anything you could want in a law school.

That said, if your alternatives are other top 10 schools, then maybe it's not worth waiting around for Penn to get back to you.

mangofodango@hotmail.com

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 05:59:46 PM »
voh.
back to the no gpas and class rank

this interests me immensely.
the only other place i've come across this is at yale and they have kindly rejected me already.

i just may look into penn and send them some letters of continued interest.

i dont have any alternatives. i've been waitlisted everywhere. i just really havent done my research on penn, i wont lie. if it was on the top ten list on the east coast i pretty much applied there.

good luck to ya'll.

Snoopy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2004, 09:08:18 PM »
I think this WL is just a polite way of saying you are a good applicant but we have to reject you. Chances of getting in now..........slim. What do you think Ginatio? Anyhow I think as someone else put it, "this is the end of the line".

mangofodango@hotmail.com

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2004, 01:03:13 PM »
why dont they just reject us already then?
i think its stupid to keep people strung along if they know they arent goin to let them in. and i'm sure if they knew for sure they werent going to let us in even if spots opened they'd have already sent us the letters or rejection