Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse, Albany, Quinnipiac, or Peirce  (Read 777 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Syracuse, Albany, Quinnipiac, or Peirce
« on: August 28, 2005, 05:06:18 PM »
Out of curiosity, how are Syracuse, Albany, Quinnipiac, and Peirce Whats the best out of the 4? Best programs, prestige? campus? location? technology? etc... if I could get some opinions from everyone i would really apprecaite it.
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse, Albany, Quinnipiac, or Peirce
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 12:47:53 PM »
n e one???
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 01:07:24 PM »
I only know a little about Albany (my cousin went there).  Overall, she liked the school and got a great legal education there.  The major downside it Albany itself.  There is not much going in that city, despite its being the capital of New York State.  If you are interested in NY State politics, then Albany would be the best school for that.  It has a very good reputation within NY State (particularly upstate), and if you rank well (top 10-15%), you'll have good job prospects.  Outside of NY State, your options will be more limited.  It's very much a regional school, and will garner little to no recognition anywhere outside the Northeast (really, anywhere outside of NY State).
Yale.Law.School.2010

LaneSwerver

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:29:49 AM »
I visited Albany and Pierce and damn near went to Pierce. What the previous poster said about Albany is accurate; lots of political connections if you're interested in state government.

The same is true of Pierce. It's the only law school in NH, so all the clerkships, internships, etc. go to Pierce students. In Albany, you're competing with all the NY law schools.

The campus at Pierce is nice...you can read my trip reports about both places. Do a search for "laneswerver on the road" in the subject line and you'll get my impressions.

frankfurt

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:54:53 PM »
CUSE by far. Joe Biden went there and it is top 100 usually.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 10:57:48 PM »
CUSE by far. Joe Biden went there and it is top 100 usually.

When did it break into the top 100?

frankfurt

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 11:00:37 PM »
this year

Lucky77

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 04:57:19 PM »
They all aren't ranked that high, so I would choose CUSE just because the undergraduate school is awesome and prestigious. If you don't think that matters, there was a poll out recently that asked Americans what the best law school in America was, and I think Princeton Law came in 5th.