Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

who would u rather stay in la if u had to chose one?

shaq
 4 (44.4%)
kobe
 4 (44.4%)
they should both go, dang prissies
 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 05, 2004, 06:22:08 PM

Author Topic: for those of u that follow the lakers...  (Read 2382 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: for those of u that follow the lakers...
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 10:38:04 AM »
Shaq's never won without Kobe, Kobe's never won without Shaq.

I have a feeling its going to be like Jordan and Pippen, never win one without the other

if kobe goes to the hawks, they will next year. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 10:39:41 AM »

I have a feeling its going to be like Jordan and Pippen, never win one without the other

Listen, not to be sad, but if a plane ever crashes with a team on it, it will be the Hawks.  That franchise always has *&^% happening to it, and I mean you can't get any more ghetto than Atlanta

Ginatio

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 10:41:43 AM »
so i'm guessing you guys don't buy all the sportswriter hype about kobe going to the clippers?

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 10:41:45 AM »

Listen, not to be sad, but if a plane ever crashes with a team on it, it will be the Hawks.  That franchise always has *&^% happening to it, and I mean you can't get any more ghetto than Atlanta

i know.  its f-ing sad.

i miss the days of dominique and spud...
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

LALkrGrl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2004, 10:46:54 AM »
so i'm guessing you guys don't buy all the sportswriter hype about kobe going to the clippers?

Please

farnsworth

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Good news everyone!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 11:05:15 AM »
The only reason Buss would get rid of Shaq and Phil is if he knew he could keep Kobe.

He's not going anywhere.

Ginatio

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 11:39:39 AM »
Phil Jackson is officially out.

Shaq still has years on his contract.

Kobe opted out of his contract.

There's no reason for LA to try to keep Kobe on board when he obviously wants to leave. And on top of that, who knows what will happen in his trial. Why would LA risk shelling out a huge contract to someone who may or may not be available to play next year?

If you surround Shaq w/ role players, LA will be able to win the championship again. The 3 championships that LA won, they won off the back of O'Neal (he was finals MVP all three times if I'm not mistaken). No one in the NBA has an answer for Shaq. Kobe can be more or less contained, but Shaq is a monster.

there's no reason to pick kobe over shaq.

The only reason Buss would get rid of Shaq and Phil is if he knew he could keep Kobe.

He's not going anywhere.

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 11:43:55 AM »
There's no reason for LA to try to keep Kobe on board when he obviously wants to leave. And on top of that, who knows what will happen in his trial.

Kobe will be proven innocent or get a mistrial.  I'll give anyone 8-1 odds on that. 

farnsworth

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Good news everyone!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 12:01:19 PM »
Why is there a reason for LA to try to keep Shaq when he obviously wants to leave (as seen by his trade demands)?

The main reason Kobe opted out of his contract is because he can get more money by re-signing with the Lakers than he could by exercising the option.  There's no sign that he 'obviously' wants to leave.

I agree- I'd take Shaq over Kobe.  But, given the moves the Lakers are making, it looks like they're angling to keep Kobe.  If I had to read their minds, I'd say it's because (even with the trial) Kobe is more marketable in LA and because they would rather invest in a younger player.

Ginatio

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2004, 12:04:16 PM »
ahh.. yea. i forgot shaq said he wants to go to orlando.

ha. shaq and tracy mcgrady... they should bring penny, nick anderson, and dennis scott back, too. it'll be just like old times.

Why is there a reason for LA to try to keep Shaq when he obviously wants to leave (as seen by his trade demands)?

The main reason Kobe opted out of his contract is because he can get more money by re-signing with the Lakers than he could by exercising the option.  There's no sign that he 'obviously' wants to leave.

I agree- I'd take Shaq over Kobe.  But, given the moves the Lakers are making, it looks like they're angling to keep Kobe.  If I had to read their minds, I'd say it's because (even with the trial) Kobe is more marketable in LA and because they would rather invest in a younger player.