Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Testmasters Diagnostic 2 - Thoughts? Scores?  (Read 1312 times)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Testmasters Diagnostic 2 - Thoughts? Scores?
« on: August 27, 2005, 03:07:15 PM »
Just wondering how people think they did on today's diagnostic.  I think I did well, though right now the scores are not available.  I wasn't able to finish the last logic games section (the non-experimental one), but I did better on it than I did on my first diagnostic.  Hope people have good news to report.  I'll elaborate on my experience once I get my score report.
Yale.Law.School.2010

deleted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Testmasters Diagnostic 2 - Thoughts? Scores?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 03:38:44 PM »
what test was it, yr/month?

damn hurricane, no power since thursday afternoon for me = no alarm clock for me... i want to buy it today and take it by myself so tomorrow's review is helpful

thanks in advance

deleted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 03:43:15 PM »
duh they have it available on tm's web site NM

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »
It's taking forever for the scores to go up.  For the first diagnostic my score was up within a few hours.
Yale.Law.School.2010

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:37:50 PM »
It's taking forever for the scores to go up.  For the first diagnostic my score was up within a few hours.

Its 9:37PM and they are still not up. Swat, i guess we need to wait till tomorrow. Man that sux !!!

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 10:03:33 PM »
Finally, the scores are in.

And the verdict is....

165!

Seeing as how my first diagnostic was a 151, I am a very happy camper.  Hopefully other people met their goals for this diagnostics (mine was to break 160).  Best of luck to everyone.
Yale.Law.School.2010

viceproductions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 10:55:26 PM »
Finally, the scores are in.

And the verdict is....

165!

Seeing as how my first diagnostic was a 151, I am a very happy camper.  Hopefully other people met their goals for this diagnostics (mine was to break 160).  Best of luck to everyone.

Wow!! Congrat!! That's an amazing jump! I had a 152 on my first test, I have yet to receive the score from this second one. I don't think I'll see increases as good as yours, didn't quite finish a few sections. Where are you taking your TM classes?

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 10:58:43 PM »
I'm in the Late Summer NYC class with Sean Murphy.  What did you think of that reading comp section?  As I did the diagnostic I thought I did really well on it.  I even finished it with a little over 5 minutes left.  But I only got 19 correct, with 9 incorrect.  Had I gotten 6 more RC questions correct, I would've scored in the 170's.  Oh well.  It used to be my strongest section, but this time around it was by far my weakest.  We were warned that this reading comp would be difficult.  I guess I should've listened. 
Yale.Law.School.2010

viceproductions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 04:26:08 AM »
I'm in the Late Summer NYC class with Sean Murphy.  What did you think of that reading comp section?  As I did the diagnostic I thought I did really well on it.  I even finished it with a little over 5 minutes left.  But I only got 19 correct, with 9 incorrect.  Had I gotten 6 more RC questions correct, I would've scored in the 170's.  Oh well.  It used to be my strongest section, but this time around it was by far my weakest.  We were warned that this reading comp would be difficult.  I guess I should've listened. 

Haha, just got my score, I got a 152 again! This sucks monkey balls. I think it's because I was really tired in the morning and couldn't focus that well. It was my first time waking up in the AM in 2 weeks. Also, I looked at the score report, and noticed that I did little better in my LR, way better in LG (the first time I had no freaking clue what was going on), and much worse in RC. I attribute the huge decrease in RC to change in reading methods and feeling tired when I had to read such long paragraphs. I am not discouraged, but I am feeling the heat now. From now on, I am going to wake up at 9 AM everyday so I can get used to using my brain early. My future rests on this...

I think we had similar trends, doing worse in our previous strongest catagories. I didn't think RC was that bad when I took it, but the score shows othewise. I only got 14 right on the RC, damn pissed.

BTW, I am in Seattle, late-summer course, and my teacher is this girl named Elizabeth. 

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 04:59:35 AM »
I actually went down a point from 170 to 169. But that's because, like you, I didn't finish the second logic games section. Part that annoys me is that on the "experimental" (which was a real one from 2001) I did perfectly and finished with plenty of time, which would've given me like a 175. Ah well..luck of the draw?

I'm hoping my actual score will be somewhere in between.