Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard from American's Waitlist?  (Read 1843 times)

law school girl

• View Profile
Anyone heard from American's Waitlist?
« on: June 21, 2004, 03:58:37 PM »
Hi,

Has anyone been accepted off of American's waitlist?  Have they started drawing from their list at all?

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
Re: Anyone heard from American's Waitlist?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 04:10:35 PM »
According to www.lawschoolnumbers.com,  Two people were accepted and one person was rejected.  So I am guessing this info is accurate and the waitlist was moving.  You should check out this site if you have never been there before.

Man, I am really frequenting the waitlist board today...  ::)

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 05:54:25 PM »
I use LSN and was wondering if WL, Accepted and WL, Rejected just mean that they've accepted the offer to be placed on the WL or if they actually received an offer of admission from the WL?

PoodleGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 06:24:02 PM »
It is supposed to mean that they were accepted or rejected by the school off of the wailist.  If you decided to reject a place on the wailist or if you were accepted but decided to withdraw, then you would put "withdraw". I never thought people might be confudsed about that, but it's possible.   

Futurejd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 02:06:05 PM »
I contacted the admissions office and I was told that they would not consider admitting off the waitlist until July.  Supposedly July 1st is a deposit deadline. After that date they will be able to asses how many people will be attending.  The second important date is July 15th, the date where students not attending must notify the school to get 1/2 of their $700 deposit refunded.  The person I spoke with suggested to call a few days after each of these dates to see how the waitlist is moving. 

Does anyone think this is too long to wait??  Moving to D.C a few weeks b/f school starts??

law school girl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 03:37:15 PM »

Does anyone think this is too long to wait??  Moving to D.C a few weeks b/f school starts??

It might be rough changing locations so quickly... Particularly if you dont have a lot of money to blow on rent and or want some time to fine "sane" housemates...

mermistress

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 10:41:55 AM »
hi, i was just accepted of the bc waitlist, so i will be opening up a spot at american this week.  i hope that my spot turns into an acceptance for one of you! 

and by the way, i don't know anything about that july 1 deadline...they haven't even mentioned another deposit since i gave them my $700 on april 15th.

law school girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 04:13:31 PM »
hi, i was just accepted of the bc waitlist, so i will be opening up a spot at american this week.  i hope that my spot turns into an acceptance for one of you! 

Glad you got into BC!  Will keep you posted...

law school girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 01:40:46 PM »
For those of you interested in the American waitlist, I called the admissions office today.  I was told that they have started to admit people off the waitlist.