Law School Discussion

Laughing with me, or at me?

SkullTatt

Laughing with me, or at me?
« on: August 25, 2005, 02:24:17 PM »
I think I have just crossed the line: I just emailed my undergrad school's English department to ty to track down a professor in a class I took 15.5 years ago to see if I can make up the Incomplete (which lapsed into an F).

Am I crazy yet?

XYZZY

Re: Laughing with me, or at me?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 02:25:12 PM »

how old are you?  the avater, you look 16

SkullTatt

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 02:26:45 PM »
That is Seth Cohen from the OC, doesn't the younger generation watch television anymore? Put down those Logic Games Bibles for a minute, Jesus Christ!

PresClay_00

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 02:40:34 PM »
there's prob a limitation imposed by your university regardless of the professor's decision.

if i were them, i'd def get a good chuckle

Served

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 03:06:11 PM »
If I was the prof I would pretend I still remember you and tell you I really thought you had more potential than to fail my class, and it haunted me that you had not made the class up sooner.

twarga

• Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 04:16:29 PM »
I think I have just crossed the line: I just emailed my undergrad school's English department to ty to track down a professor in a class I took 15.5 years ago to see if I can make up the Incomplete (which lapsed into an F).

Am I crazy yet?

I was in a similar boat, but what I did was get with the Dean and see if I could get the F part erased and turned simply into an I.  If you have a good enough excuse, they might do it.

SkullTatt

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »
Food for thought. I may try knocking on some doors if this does not pan out. I just want to make sure I don't get the grade changed to something that LSAC counts as an "F"!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 09:06:07 AM »
did it work? 

SkullTatt

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 10:36:49 AM »
No, it did not. The professor was very nice and was willing to do it, but I had to ask a counselor at Letters & Science if this would be acceptable, and they said no, "grades close" a few weeks after graduation, and that is the time limit on making up work.