Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Engineer-Lawyers thread  (Read 4538 times)

farnsworth

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Good news everyone!"
    • View Profile
Engineer-Lawyers thread
« on: June 21, 2004, 02:12:47 PM »
Instead of hijacking the First Day of School thread, I figured we could post stuff here

Repeating what I said in that thread- I'm a newly graduated Computer Engineer, working this summer in Biomedical Engineering.  I'm probably going into patent law, but not 100% sure yet.

Other relevent info- Hmm...heading to NYU next year.  Not sure how I'm going to adjust to the reading/writing requirements for law school.  I minored in Poly Sci, so that should help somewhat with the transition, but I'm still not used to reading tens of pages per night.

Anyway, post up anything about you, your engineering background, or anything else fun and we can scoff at the lazy liberal arts majors

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Engineer-Lawyers thread
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 02:15:28 PM »
i scoff at lib arts majors too...and i was an english major.

but i like to make fun of engineers too.  hell, i like to make fun of anyone, until someone cracks my head open using an aluminum bat in a party where guys are dancing with inflatable dolls and the girls are funneling soju, chasing it with hite beer. 

those were the days...

wtf am i talking about???
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Ginatio

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 03:04:28 PM »
Ha. How about those design majors? I would see a group of about 5-8 of them gathered about in either the library or coffee shop, stressing over their "big" end of the term project. I asked a couple of them about it once, and basically they told me that they had to draw something as their project. I scoffed at them and they replied by saying something to the effect of "it's just as hard as engineering, only harder in a different way".

honey, drawing *&^% isn't hard. reading novels isn't hard. writing essays isn't hard. picking a top to go with your skirt isn't hard. drawing supply-demand curves isn't hard. engineering... now that's f-ing hard.

Anyway, post up anything about you, your engineering background, or anything else fun and we can scoff at the lazy liberal arts majors

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »

honey, drawing *&^% isn't hard. reading novels isn't hard. writing essays isn't hard. picking a top to go with your skirt isn't hard. drawing supply-demand curves isn't hard. engineering... now that's f-ing hard.

this may apply to everyone except for asians.  what...plugging in some numbers into a formula is hard? 

and you can ask any woman out there...picking a top to go with your skirt is damn hard.

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 03:11:42 PM »
Engineering is a lot more than plugging numbers into an equation. Some schools teach it that way--which is a shame--but if you are taught engineering correctly, you rarely look at it as being plug-and-chug.

this may apply to everyone except for asians.  what...plugging in some numbers into a formula is hard? 

and you can ask any woman out there...picking a top to go with your skirt is damn hard.

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 03:12:40 PM »
Engineering is easy; comedy, now that's hard.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 03:13:15 PM »
that may be true.

but still...picking a top to go with your skirt is still tougher than engineering. 

Engineering is a lot more than plugging numbers into an equation. Some schools teach it that way--which is a shame--but if you are taught engineering correctly, you rarely look at it as being plug-and-chug.

Ginatio

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 03:13:36 PM »
seems to come to you naturally, old man.  :D

Engineering is easy; comedy, now that's hard.

nachosauce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 03:17:01 PM »
i am an ee with 5+ years industry experience, masters in ie.

studying for patent bar currently.

excited to be in classes where the professor will actually be talking to me not to the board :)

Ginatio

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 03:18:27 PM »
do you speak from first hand experience?

that may be true.

but still...picking a top to go with your skirt is still tougher than engineering.