Law School Discussion

I think I hate...

faith2005

Re: I think I hate...
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 02:58:59 PM »
civ pro seems like its going to suck. i like contracts and torts so far. crim, i'm not sure about, since i missed it and the prof cancelled it for next week. hmmm, i haven't had legal writing yet though.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 05:42:48 PM »
I hate studying for the LSAT any suggestions.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 05:47:18 PM »
Yeah.  Don't study.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 06:41:14 PM »
I second, third, or whatever number we're on that CivPro sucks.  I have a tiny bit of a heads up on some since I worked in Litigation for 2 years, and I know how the general process goes with pleadings and what not, but that's not all that much since they're simple concepts.

I just read Pennoyer v. Neff, and I'm about to try to brief it, and I have no clue what they hell they were talking about.  I drifted off half way though.  I'm thinking that's not such a good sign.   :-[

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 11:40:45 PM »
Pennoyer is my civ pro teacher's favorite case.
We talked about it for about 2 days.

Even so ... I still like law school.

PresClay_00

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 06:56:35 AM »
more pennoyer love.

if we talk about it today, it'll be day 3

twarga

• Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 07:08:05 AM »
civ pro seems like its going to suck. i like contracts and torts so far. crim, i'm not sure about, since i missed it and the prof cancelled it for next week. hmmm, i haven't had legal writing yet though.

First week and you're already missing classes?  Not a good sign.   :-\

faith2005

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 08:29:40 PM »
um yeah twarga. if you're really interested i wrote about it in the orientation thread.  :D i don't think its necessarily a bad sign, its just one of the many struggles of being faith2005. that same day (the first day of classes) i got locked out of my apt. haha

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 09:17:31 PM »
All you Civ PRo haters need to get that EZ Rules book.  I gave Sands that hookup last year, and apparently with positive results.  Ask him.

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 09:16:37 PM »
CIVIL PROCEDURE GRRRRRRRRRRRRR  >:(

I think I love Contracts though :)

What class do you think you're going to hate? like?

I HATE Civil Procedure. It makes no freakin' sense. Today was the worst day yet. I felt completely defeated. :( And more tomorrow. Yay fun.

I love Torts and Contracts though. They make sense to me. But for Civ Pro, I swear, it might as well be written in Chinese or Sanskrit. . .

Okay, now I think I'm really liking CivPro. It makes sense because there are hardfast rules. You'd think the same about contracts. . . unfortunately my prof wouldn't agree. He's really into the philosophy which makes Contracts even more nebulous and uncertain than torts! I never thought that would happen.

Just checking in. . .