Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High School Transcripts/AP classes---are they serious???  (Read 495 times)

KayakAnyone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
High School Transcripts/AP classes---are they serious???
« on: August 23, 2005, 03:59:26 PM »
why?  will they calculate the highschool gpa?  If you earned a 5 on the AP exam does it really matter that you only earned a C in the highschool?   

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
Re: High School Transcripts/AP classes---are they serious???
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 04:23:31 PM »
why? will they calculate the highschool gpa? If you earned a 5 on the AP exam does it really matter that you only earned a C in the highschool?

Nothing from your AP classes gets factored into your LSAC GPA, not the test score and not the grade in the class.  If you sent your AP transcript to your college for credit, it will just show up as "Unconverted Credits," ... trust me, I got 32 of them on my LSAC transcript.....

KayakAnyone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 05:21:21 PM »
thank you -- makes me feel much better  :)

bloomich

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 10:48:40 PM »
thank you -- makes me feel much better  :)

yep, i can confirm this... i had 34 ap that were in no way factored into my lsac gpa...

ready2006

• View Profile
!Q
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 11:14:13 PM »
wait, so if i took a few AP classes in high school that appear on my college transcript, i need to have my high school send in my transcript too!?!?!

bloomich

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 11:15:49 PM »
no, you don't have to do anything in regards to your AP... if it's on your undergrad transcript, lsac will just count the credits and not factor them into your gpa... you don't have to send in any high school transcripts