Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 4 questions! Please respond to any.LSDAS,Queens college,personal statement, book  (Read 1167 times)

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi everyone,

1)I plan on taking the LSATs this October (in process of cancelling June LSAT), when should I sign up for LSDAS?

2)Has anyone ever taken the LSATs in Queens college in NY, What were your experiences?

3)Can any1 send me there Personal Statement so I can get an idea about what to write about (I WONT COPY)?

4)Do you recommend any other books besides NOVA Master the LSAT and Powerscore logic games bible (and Logical Reasoning Bible for when it comes out) ?

Thank you,
Barry

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
If you want to apply this fall, I'd set up your lsdas account soon, so you can start getting recommendations and transcripts together.  I know a couple of people who got recs in very late, and it really really hurt their applications.  Even if you don't plan on applying until later in the admissions cycle, it will alleviate an unspeakable amount of stress knowing that all your required pieces of info are where they need to be ready to get sent out to schools.

As for books, you listed the ones that people on this site seem to recommend the most.  You'll definitely want to pick up as many real tests as possible, like 10 Actual LSATs, 10 More Actual LSATs, and perhaps most important, the Next 10 Actual.  It would probably also be helpful to drop the $8 and buy this past June's lsat just so you have the most recent example of what they can throw at you (and it was kind of a female dog, if you haven't read any of the posts about it made by many of us who took it.  There were some unexpected, if relatively minor, changes in terms of section difficulty and length. (a harder 28 question RC, an easy 22 question LG section)

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSDAS is just for transcripts and LOR?
What about personal statements?
thanx

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
why do you want to cancel the June exam? Do you really believe that you did that bad? Unless you were utterly unprepared or ill, I would resist the temptation and see how it turns out. If it was in deed awful, then take the Oct. exam.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
LSDAS is just for transcripts and LOR?
What about personal statements?
thanx

No, it's personal statement as well, but you have the most control over that, in terms of when you send it in.  Sometimes a professor or whoever will say they'd love to write  a rec for you, but who knows when it will make it to lsac, if they remembered to sign the Rec form that goes with it (in which case lsac sends it back to them), or if a registrar office will be efficient in getting transcripts sent out, etc.  I think many, many people have problems with this kind of stuff, and it's a shame becuase in most cases it's completely preventable.

Lipper316

Your personal statement you send with every application you complete, nothing to do with your LSDAS file. Your LSDAS file is comprised of: 1) GPA stuff, transcripts 2) Letters of rec. 3) Your LSAT score

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Oops, my bad.  You don't sent PS in to them.  I think I'm just lumping together the entire app process now, and when you use the lsac software to do your apps, that's where you upload your PS.  It only June, and the whole process is running together already!   :-[

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
thanx everyone

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
any1 else?

Hobbes

• View Profile
Some good personal statement samples are available online here:  http://www.deloggio.com/

Law school confidential is a good book to read to stir up the mind and get you thinking about everything related to Law School.