[deleted by user]

theunderdog

[deleted by user]
« on: August 22, 2005, 03:10:25 PM »
[deleted by user]

Re: Calling the LR gurus for Test 10, Sec 4, #24
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 03:51:04 PM »
The answer is C.

Remember, the correct answer asks which MUST BE TRUE.

A is incorrect because it doesn't necessarily have to be true that the rate of inflation has risen.  It could just be that the rate of return has decreased.

B is incorrect because it doesn't necessarily have to be true that the investment is becoming less profitable.  It could be true that the most profitable investment is becoming even more profitable.

C is correct because it states in the argument that "the difference between those two rates will be the percentage by which, at a MINIMUM, the value of any investment will decline," which means less profitable investments will decline more than the minimum.

D  is incorrect.  It cannot be that the most profitable investment has declined because the most profitable MUST have the minimal percentage decrease.

E is wrong.  It's completely irrelevant.  Doesn't matter if there's been a change or not.  The most profitable will STILL have the minimal percentage decrease. 

theunderdog

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 04:02:45 PM »
Thanks, I got it.

River

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »
Please explain why each answer is either right/wrong and why.  Thanks.

When the rate of inflation exceeds the rate of return on the most profitable investment avaliable, the difference between those two rates will be the percentage by which, at a minimum, the value of any investment will decline.  If in such a circumstance the value of a particular investment declines by more than that percentage, it must be true that ________ .

Which one of the following logically completes the argument?

(A) the rate of inflation has risen
(B) the investment in question is becoming less profitable
(C) the investment in question is less profitable than the most profitable investment avaliable
(D) the rate of return on the most profitable investment avaliable has declined
(E) there has been a change in which particular investment happens to be the most profitable avaliable

THIS IS A MATH PROBLEM!!

"When the rate of inflation exceeds the rate of return on the most profitable investment avaliable, the difference between those two rates will be the percentage by which, at a minimum, the value of any investment will decline."
=: Math here: RI(3%)-RR(2%)=1%(ID)----Premise 1

"If in such a circumstance the value of a particular investment declines by more than that percentage, it must be true that ________ ."
=the declined value of a particular investment >1%: Premise 2
= RI(3%)-RR(1%)=2%:
here small return but more inflate than P1)

Then the value of the particular investment is profitable than the most profitable investment?    NO.

Underdog BARKS

Re: [deleted by user]
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 09:12:43 PM »
Another thread weird underdog deleted.  This is proof that he is the troll here.

theunderdog

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 09:13:47 PM »
Okay, have fun reviving my old threads.  I'm going to finish some reading.  Enjoy your lovely time tonight, underdogbarks aka theosucks aka Vulva.  See ya.

Underdog BARKS

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 09:14:40 PM »
No problem queer.  Now delete your account and come back again. Lol.

Okay, have fun reviving my old threads.  I'm going to finish some reading.  Enjoy your lovely time tonight, underdogbarks aka theosucks aka Vulva.  See ya.

theunderdog

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 09:15:55 PM »
No, no.  I wouldn't want to steal your thunder.  You know what I mean?  Vulvie?  Theosucks?  Desi?  I love the creativity.  Barks almost rhymes with sucks.

Underdog BARKS

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 09:16:41 PM »
Yes, "sucks" you also are that and do that.

No, no.  I wouldn't want to steal your thunder.  You know what I mean?  Vulvie?  Theosucks?  Desi?  I love the creativity.  Barks almost rhymes with sucks.

theunderdog

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 09:18:47 PM »
Yes!  I love to suck on blood.  Vawr!  Now I've reported you to the board moderators for this non-sense.  Have fun deleting you----abusing your account privileges!  Bye.