Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 5 weeks left. Any word of advice/motivation?  (Read 437 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
5 weeks left. Any word of advice/motivation?
« on: August 22, 2005, 01:16:40 AM »
I've been studying for the LSAT for god knows how long.  I'm still pretty unstable when I do the exam under timed condition, and I'm not exactly sure why and what the remedies are.  I guess I get bogged down on the questions when I do them, and that causes me to miss the right answers.  When I look them over later, the right answers can't be anymore obvious.  I'm still inconsistent with my RC, getting around anywhere from 16-20 right, and I only finish 3/4 LG even though I get 100% right on the 3 that I do tackle. (For some reason though, I always get 0% on my guesses on the fourth one!!! what's the deal??!!)

I took the 2nd diagnostic with testmasters two weeks ago, and did horrible since I misbubbled 7 and totally misread the easist sequential game ever.  I didn't feel too discouraged because as I've stated before I only had 30min of sleep and ended up scoring 162 on another diagnostic few days later when I did it on my own under strict time condition.

Yet, I'm still unsure how I'll do on the real thing.  Would I end up with 154?  Or would I suck up and score 160 or even 162??   I'm feeling more unsure by the day, and for past two days I've decided to not look at LSAT material at all and relax.

Anyone have any motivational pep talk you'd like to share with me?  Any word of advice?

Dalhousiebound

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 5 weeks left. Any word of advice/motivation?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:01:02 AM »
UWO as in Western? I'm at UWO as well! Have you done an untimed test? I know there has been a lot of debate regarding the advantages of untimed tests lately. I DO think they are capable of highlighting understanding issues from time issues.

If you do the test untimed and score 180, then you know your issues are to do with time and speed development. Whereas, if you score less than 180 (not considering stupid mistakes), then your issues are understanding related.

A plus that could be gained from an untimed is confidence from scoring a 180. At least you would know it is possible, given time.

malebomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 01:18:28 PM »
There's always Cooley. Seriously though, it sounds as though your confidence level is low, which could chew you up on test day. I think it's a good move on your part to take a step back, evaluate, and refocus. At this point, you should not be doing untimed tests at all, IMO. You should instead being trying to make sure you are completely comfortable and confident with the time constraints. Good luck!

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 01:42:20 PM »
I still get 10 wrong on LG.   :o :( ??? :-[ :'(
the score of the test on which i got 10 wrong was 166. damn. 
What can I do to improve LG?
How can I improve LG?