Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Underage Posession of Alcohol.  (Read 514 times)

UTVols

• View Profile
Underage Posession of Alcohol.
« on: August 21, 2005, 11:57:45 AM »
I know this question has been asked, but Im paranoid about getting my applications correct.

I received a citation for Underage Posession of Alcohol.  It was dismissed upon payment of court costs.  Nothing before or since has happened like this.  No fake ID was used, no public intoxication or anything like that.  It was Underage posession of Alcohol 4 months before I turned 21 and thats it.

My grades and LSAT are either right on the mark or above the average at the schools I will be applying to, its not like im applying to anything thats way over my head.

But anyway, I was wondering if you guys think this would be a big reason to reject my application.

Kait

• View Profile
Re: Underage Posession of Alcohol.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 12:08:25 PM »
I really think you have nothing to worry about. I know it is hard not to stress about it, but I really wouldn't waste the energy. I applied for '05 admissions with two alcohol incidents on my record and spent way too much time worrying about it. My admissions decisions seemed unaffected by the incidents. I was accepted at safeties and targets, waitlisted and/or rejected at places where my numbers were lower than the school's stats.

I wrote a very short and simple addendum explaining what happened, what I had learned (ie - to more carefully consider the consequences of my actions before carrying them through or something to that effect), and highlighting how much time had passed (incident-free) since then.

Best of luck and don't worry too much.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 03:36:59 PM »
I agree with kait!

Underage drinkers rule!

(I got the same ticket 15 years ago and felt like a moron for having to include it on my app)

alwd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 03:42:39 PM »
Don't be an ass, there's nothing wrong with having alcohol in your possession. Nobody @ # ! * i n g cares about this petty stuff!