Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Computer problems with Applications... can anyone help?  (Read 202 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Computer problems with Applications... can anyone help?
« on: August 20, 2005, 05:40:58 PM »
The other day I tried to access a few schools applications via LSAC. When i click to open the application, i am prompted by a beige bar in the top of the window to install ominform active X controls. I click install, and then the page says click here to refresh or something. When i click to refresh it, it prompts me again to install the aformentioned. It is in a continuous repetitive loop and i cant access any applications. Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix it? How can I get help on the subject. Thanks a lot and hopefully someone will help. Thanks in advance!!

Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

shoppingaddict

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Computer problems with Applications... can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »

mine kept doing that too, but it worked after i added www4.lsac.org and www.lsac.org to my "trusted sites" list. (using explorer)
try that and let me know if it works!
Cardozo '09

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 04:48:27 AM »
In order to use the LSAC website or LSACD products on a computer with XP Service Pack 2, you have to add “*.lsac.org” (without the quotes, and that’s an asterisk (SHIFT-8) at the beginning) to your “Trusted Sites” list.

In Internet Explorer, click on "Tools", then "Internet Options". Then choose the “Security” tab. Then click on the green check mark for "Trusted Sites", and then click on the “Sites” button.

In the new window, uncheck the box at the bottom, then enter *.lsac.org in the field at the top and click the “Add” button.

Then click "OK", then "OK" again. Close your browser window, then open it back up and log into Online Services again.

The website and applications should work properly from now on as long as you leave *.lsac.org on your Trusted Sites list.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 01:27:26 PM »

mine kept doing that too, but it worked after i added www4.lsac.org and www.lsac.org to my "trusted sites" list. (using explorer)
try that and let me know if it works!

hey thanks a lot... it worked!You're a lifesaver! Well no time to chat, now its off to work on those Apps.. thanks again
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!