Law School Discussion

baylor

baylor
« on: August 20, 2005, 12:29:49 PM »
Anyone applied to Baylor? Got in? I hear its a really good school.

Re: baylor
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 12:41:06 PM »
Its a really good school if you want to work/practice in Texas. Its very conservative I've heard and it goes on the quarter system. Also, Waco is pretty boring but it has all the stuff you'd need...not like you have time for fun anyways.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 11:13:06 AM »
the place is really quite nice, i mean, theres some dingy areas in waco, but theres little reason to ever need to go there...

also, the law school building itself is only like 4 years old, and is very comfortable to be in.  the lecture hall seats are all cushy with very good lumbar support.  the staff is friendly, and the academics are challenging (top 10% of the class was a 3.3 i believe)

if your into the "wholesome" type of girl, they're all around, and like most texan women, are incredibly hot.

you have your own seperate parking lot...umm....what else?  and their graduates are the 2nd most sought after in texas, and one of the top 10 for the southern-midwest region

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 08:46:23 PM »
I don't attend Baylor but my best friend does. It does indeed have an excellent reptutation, both in and out of Texas. However, your strongest job prospects are obviously in Texas, specifically the DFW area. Since the school is so small, it seems like Baylor grads are such a small part of the legal market (as compared to UT and SMU) but they place just as well.

Waco itself is like a decent suburb to a city that doesn't exist (that's how I think of it). There's plenty of stuff to do, but nothing exceeds the scope of what you'd expect out of an average suburb. The problem is, the "big action" is either in Austin, which is ~100 miles south, or DFW, which is also about ~100 miles away, but north.

The buildings themselves are amazing...my friend brought me to the library and I was blown away at how beautiful it was.

shae

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:43:52 PM »
Just got an email from them yesterday- got in with a full-tuition, 3 year scholarship.  They had a really fast turnaround too (a little over a week from when the requested my LSDAS report).

Free is good so this moves baylor up quite a bit on my list.

vegemitemama

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 04:49:06 PM »
What are your numbers, Shae? I applied last week.

shae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 04:52:45 PM »
3.7/169

I was actually very suprised.  I thought I was going to do a lot better on my LSAT so I was somewhat bummed when I got my score (in June)- but this makes me feel a little better.

Where else have you applied?

vegemitemama

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:17 PM »
UTexas, UColorado, U of Houston, UDenver.
How about you?

shae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 04:58:15 PM »
Texas, Berkely, UCLA, Southern Cal, Loyola LA, Hastings, Davis, San Diego, Pepperdine.

Lots of cali schools- if I get a scholarship to a school in Cali im probably out of here.

What is your undergrad?

vegemitemama

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 05:03:38 PM »
My degree? Polisci.
Yours?