Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Studying for the Oct, 2004 LSAT  (Read 1496 times)

Lavelle1997

• View Profile
    • Email
Studying for the Oct, 2004 LSAT
« on: June 20, 2004, 11:20:19 AM »
Hello, I am a graduate who has just decided to apply to Law School.  I am registered with the LSAC, but has not decided when to take the LSAT.  I would like to take it in October.  This gives me three months.  Does this time period period sound reasonable?  I just want to get an idea on how long I should study for.  My Graduate GPA is 3.37 and my undergraduate GPA was 3.412.  I know I killing this subject, but want to get some idea on the length of studying.

Thanks

Lavelle1997

twilght68

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Studying for the Oct, 2004 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 12:22:19 PM »
Im taking the test in October too and I started studying last week. Some people are amazed that I've started so 'early'. If you start soon, 3 months will be plenty of time.

Victor

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »
Personally, I think its best to start studying now. Because if you have to go to school in the fall, September classes might be a little distractive in prepping.

NYBound05

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 02:36:05 PM »
I've taken two prep-lsat exams and have reviewed my answers.  Other than that, I'm taking a prep course that begins July 8th.  That gives me about three months of hard-core prepping.  I'm taking the OCT lsat as well, but have purposely not exposed myself to other LSAT strategies prior to taking Testmasters.  I do plan on purchasing the Powerscore Logic Games Bible to help me with games, but only because I have heard that Testmaster and Powerscore strategies are pretty much identical.

mrserious67502

• 167/3.83 "The Dude abides"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 04:17:22 PM »
I just took the June LSAT. I began studying in December but didn't really ramp it up until March.  I did not take a prep course but that is because I am fairly motivated on my own and I think that that is the primary benefit of a prep course.

I would say that three months is plenty of time as long as you work through at least one real test a week. I also found it best to work through a lot more sections on the area that I was weak in, LR for me.  You might find this same strategy effective.  Also, order your official prep books early if you are ordering from LSAC as they take a while to get their orders out (3-4 weeks).

I might end up studying for October with you depending on my score on the June test. Good luck.

Moogle

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 04:22:16 PM »
3 to 4 months will definitely be enough.  And, really work on the LR section.  That's the most difficult section for me as well.  I've been doing pure LR for about a week now.

Good luck.
When in doubt on the LSAT, always choose F as the answer.