Law School Discussion

Personal Statement

Re: Personal Statement
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »
I see.  Thank you to everybody who provided insight! 

I am excited about this journey, even in the event that I have to take the LSAT a third time in June and apply to 2018 cycle so I do not go into significant debt.

Thanks again folks

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
Thanks again to those who offered advice a few months ago.

As an update, I did bomb the LSAT twice.  I came to the conclusion that I simply suck at the LSAT.  My apps were completed prior to any scores being released, but I put the idea of going to law school out of my head, threw away my LSAT materials, and continued on with life (other job interviews, looking into other grad school options etc...)

One random morning recently I received an email from a school back east that I had no business getting into, and got in.  A few minutes later I received an email from another school I had no business getting into indicating I was on the "priority wait list."

So I guess the lesson is that while the numbers are vital, they are not everything... I have decided not to move back east for school, so it's the waitlist school or bust.     

loki13

• Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
Thanks again to those who offered advice a few months ago.

As an update, I did bomb the LSAT twice.  I came to the conclusion that I simply suck at the LSAT.  My apps were completed prior to any scores being released, but I put the idea of going to law school out of my head, threw away my LSAT materials, and continued on with life (other job interviews, looking into other grad school options etc...)

One random morning recently I received an email from a school back east that I had no business getting into, and got in.  A few minutes later I received an email from another school I had no business getting into indicating I was on the "priority wait list."

So I guess the lesson is that while the numbers are vital, they are not everything... I have decided not to move back east for school, so it's the waitlist school or bust.     

Well, thank you for the update, and kinda sorta congratulations? Many law schools are allowing in certain parts of the class with less-than-stellar LSATs due to the decline in applications, so your story isn't completely atypical, but bad news for law schools is good news for you!

Now, on the wait list, a few things.

Depending on the school, you might want to make sure that their admissions office is aware of your continuing interest. Give them a friendly heads up - especially if, as you say, that's the only school you are interested in attending.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
Hi Loki,

I was pleasantly surprised.  I am not sure if the "priority" wait list is truly priority or if they are just exceptionally nice at rejection.  I will craft a nice letter and snail mail it today and sit tight. 

Thanks again