Law School Discussion

LSAT Score Theory

HerculePoirot

• One must seek the truth from within--not without
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Score Theory
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 03:13:11 PM »
So you DID NOT do it "to be a musician"
I heard about you, you were an urban legend for awhile-you are female aren't you?? (if so, I know people who know yoru real name, but don't worry I could out you publicly but feel free to PM me if you want)

Why didn't you go back? The school that you went to offers a 5 year plan on weekends/one night a week options.
Afterall, what difference does a W vs an F make it "better" if you never plan to go back??

"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat!!!!!!!!!!!"

No, I am not a female.  And who knows?  Maybe I will go back.
ok,then you aren't the person I was thinking of. That's ok.

How long have you been out? Why only a "maybe". I still don't grasp this.

Well, it's been nearly a decade.  I don't think I could get a 166 again.

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
I'll rephrase this for you..........

WHY did you NOT sit it then if you had NO intent of needing the grades? Why not finish and see??????

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »
Well interesting thread that goes directly against the OP's statement.

OP scored a 166 and did not make it as a lawyer.

I scored under a 165 and am licensed in two jurisdictions and have won many trials and make a living as a lawyer as do most attorneys that did not finish in the top 10% of LSAT takers.

The LSAT is the first baby-step in the process and once your in a law school it does not matter. As OP has proven a variety of factors arise during law school and no matter what your score you might quit to become a musician, or any other situation could arise.

In short, plenty of people become practicing attorneys without scoring a 165 or higher.  There are also many people that score above a 165 and don't make it.

Certainly having a 4.0 and 180 LSAT is ideal, but it is not a guarantee of success.

HerculePoirot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »

I scored under a 165 and am licensed in two jurisdictions and have won many trials and make a living as a lawyer as do most attorneys that did not finish in the top 10% of LSAT takers.

The LSAT is the first baby-step in the process and once your in a law school it does not matter. As OP has proven a variety of factors arise during law school and no matter what your score you might quit to become a musician, or any other situation could arise.

In short, plenty of people become practicing attorneys without scoring a 165 or higher.  There are also many people that score above a 165 and don't make it.

Certainly having a 4.0 and 180 LSAT is ideal, but it is not a guarantee of success.

I concede that I could be wrong, as your example suggests. 

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »

"could be" isn't a concession................ but if you are posting here again there must be a reason. Are you just bored (that's fine) or seriously thinking about trying another shot at it.

-I still don't get why you didn't sit the finals if you didn't plan to re-enroll though. What type of "music" career are you doing that required you to drop out at the drop of a hat.

HerculePoirot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 06:38:19 AM »

"could be" isn't a concession................ but if you are posting here again there must be a reason. Are you just bored (that's fine) or seriously thinking about trying another shot at it.

-I still don't get why you didn't sit the finals if you didn't plan to re-enroll though. What type of "music" career are you doing that required you to drop out at the drop of a hat.

I still believe that 165 is important. 

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 01:32:58 PM »
1. Are you going to answer the questions that were asked of you?????????

2. HOW is it important and WHY do you think that??

(you do know that there are people with 140 range lsat scores and 2.0 liberal arts degrees from Greendale level quality undergrads who are licensed lawyers right now we enrolled after you left right????)

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
I think OP is just being entertaining and I like it. Sure why not say 165 is necessary to succeed that is a good score.

I would also say you need to be at least 6'10 to make the NBA. There are countless examples of people under 6'10 that are in the NBA, but being 6'10 wouldn't hurt.

So yea if you are trying to attend law school I hope to get a 1650 or higher on the LSAT shoot for doing that why not, but even if you don't you can still succeed as an attorney.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 02:23:42 PM »
I a 1650 or higher on the LSAT ..........

Extended Scale, BADASS!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

HerculePoirot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »
I think OP is just being entertaining and I like it. Sure why not say 165 is necessary to succeed that is a good score.

I would also say you need to be at least 6'10 to make the NBA. There are countless examples of people under 6'10 that are in the NBA, but being 6'10 wouldn't hurt.

So yea if you are trying to attend law school I hope to get a 1650 or higher on the LSAT shoot for doing that why not, but even if you don't you can still succeed as an attorney.
Biglaw is where it's at.  I think you need a 165.  164 is a stretch.  Maybe there's exceptions.  This is just my point of view.  :)