Law School Discussion

Academic Dismissal from a tier 1 considering transferring

Re: Academic Dismissal from a tier 1 considering transferring
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 07:24:28 PM »
For the non-aba schools that might be true. However, Cooley, FCSL, etc require a college degree and an LSAT score.

However, people are adults and make their decisions. Many of the people really want to go to law school and for some it will work out and others it won't.

None of these schools are forcing anyone to attend law school. These incoming students are college graduates that took the LSAT and applied. If Cooley is the only school they got into they had better realize that it will be an uphill battle. Many do, but I have met people that were admitted to Cooley that think they will be millionaires within a year or two of graduation and Cooley can't be blamed for that kind of unrealistic expectations. I have also met really smart Cooley grads and at the end of the day people are responsible for their choices.

The non-aba schools that don't require a degree or LSAT do take advantage, but the ABA schools have some standards.
As I stated Ritualistic only for the LSAT, and NO they do NOT require a full undergrad degree (research it, I can post a link if you need me to, but its on their site) They only require an Associates Degree and a 140 range LSAT score with a 2.0 GPA.

As to winning lawsuits, so? The fact that you can't discharge debt doesn't make it stop being debt, nor does a bad deal stop being a bad deal if you can't sue over it.

loki13

• Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »
"If they think a law school scams for not asking questions try a credit card company, bank, car salesman, broker etc."

I know I'm old fashioned, but I have four bizarre beliefs-

1. The first is that people, in general, should be honorable. And that regardless of your profession, you should not be trying to scam money out of the gullible that may not be asking questions, and you should not try and predicate your business model on other people's failures.

2. The second is that academic institutions should have slightly higher standards than, say, a typical used car lot.

3. The third is that the legal profession, itself, should be an honorable one, and that law schools should inculcate those values. They shouldn't exist to scam students and throw them into an environment where students are taught that cheating and scamming is a virtue.

4. Finally, I believe that as a practicing attorney, I have a certain duty to warn those who come after me. That I shouldn't be giving out false information, and that I should warn students of the possible problems of the worst schools. Instead of obfuscating the issues and placing those problems back on them with a sunny, "Everyone can do it if you just want it badly enough!"

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »
Who wants to bet that "certain" schools are reading this right now debating whether or not to sue for IP addresses?

Hint: I personally know alumni of this "certain" school who said that staff ONLY told students they do EXACTLY that or this EXACT thread (and a handful of other popular ones, as well as googling their own name daily just to see whatever pops up to get mad about)