Law School Discussion

Can we all agree that NOVUS is NOT a "school" and is a SCAM???

Can we all agree that NOVUS is NOT a "school" and is a SCAM???
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:46:30 PM »
I know they say that defames them, but that is just proof that they never even went to law school (or that their lawyer doesn't care about ripping them off and just takes their money-which I am cool with, they deserve that to happen to them)

Absolute Defense of TRUTH

Re: Can we all agree that NOVUS is NOT a "school" and is a SCAM???
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
It is a school from what I can see it has classes and teaches you the law.  I cannot speak for the quality of education as it is completely unregulated, but courses are offered. http://www.novus.edu/masters.htm

I am sure if you attend Novus you will learn something about the law. Whether it  is worth paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for  is another story. http://www.novus.edu/tuition/

So I will say it is a school and not a scam, because it offers an education and does not promise anything it cannot deliver.  It does not claim to be accredited by any state bar or offer any validation of its credentials and it has no regulation.

I would never attend Novus, but if people of legal age and capacity choose to enter into an unaccredited law school nobody should stop them.

I would personally advice anyone not to attend Novus if they had any desire to become a lawyer. However, if someone wants to go to an unaccredited school and learn the law through an online course more power to them.

If Tony Robbins can charge for life-coach less Novus can charge for a legal education.

Paying to listen to Tony Robbins and obtain a degree from Novus is not something I would do, but people have the right. I am sure plenty of people would not spend hours upon hours posting on a law school discussion website, but I enjoy doing it and if LSD wants to maintain a website and continue to let me and others post on it, great.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
Not the best compare and contrast, I'd equate it more to Dr. Who giving "medical advice" informertials (if I had to reach for an entertainer related stretch)
And posting here is a hobby, fine.

If LSD charged a few grand and promised(or at least created inferences) they'd help you find a way to get licensed in anything..........not so fine.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:05:08 PM »
Anyone can set up a school.  Novus is an unregulated and unlicensed school that awards an unaccredited law degree. Be interesting to know if the people running NOVUS who are US persons  have complied with FATCA laws regarding the Marshall Islands corporation?