Law School Discussion

Information for Parents In/About to Be In Law School

Information for Parents In/About to Be In Law School
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »
I hope this is OK to post here.  This comes with an invitation to feel free to contact me at my website (www.lawschoolmama.com) or FB page to ask questions you may have. I will do my best to answer them!

A few years, or so, ago, I was a 1L, in my late 30's, working full-time, helping raise two children and attending law school.  CRAZY!!  So, I know what you are experiencing.  :)

I am excited to announce the release of my new book, Law School Insights: An Insider's Guide for Non-Traditional Students. It is filled with advice and insights for parents who are either considering law school or who are already in law school.  I speak from experience, having attended law school in my late 30's while working full-time and helping raise two small children. 

The book is available free through September 1, then at a discounted price until September 13. Here is the link:  http://amzn.to/1PHfwbU

Check out what this Professor of Law has said about my book:

"Dakota Duncan has written the definitive book for nontraditional students. It begins with the application process and ends with successfully studying for the bar. Here’s a sampling of the issues she explores:

Chpt 1: The Pre-Admission Phase
Chpt. 2: Should You Go to Law School?
Chpt. 3: Getting Through Your First Year and Beyond
Chpt. 4: The Bar Review and Bar Exam
Chpt. 5: Beyond the Bar
Chpt. 6: Enjoy the Journey

Along the way, Duncan helps you consider both the time management and emotional management components for succeeding in law school. Her writing is witty and engaging, and she is brutally honest about identifying her own mistakes so you’re not doomed to repeat them. She is an expert in the best sense of the word because she has lived through the experience and is now using her knowledge to make life better for you. Let her be your guide. Good luck on the journey!"

Feel free to post this on your FB page and share with others!

Thank you - and best of luck to all of you!
-Dakota Duncan, J.D.
www.lawschoolmama.com