Law School Discussion

CA Bar Pass Rates, Feb 2015

CA Bar Pass Rates, Feb 2015
« on: July 08, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »
Some here may find this interesting, some won't. Oh well, this is what happens when I'm bored. Here are the just released numbers for the Feb bar.

Note: some schools (the UCs, Stanford) had very low numbers of test takers. USC had only 1, (passed) so I didn't bother including them.

The schools with part time programs had more takers, as they often admit people in both Spring and Fall. So these are regular students as opposed to students who have had some problem which required them to stick around an extra semester. Thus, some schools' numbers are probably more reflective of their "actual" performance than others.

CA has too many damn law schools.

Berkeley                100%
Irvine                     80%
Stanford                79%
Chapman              75%
San Diego             74%
UCLA/Davis        71%
Pepperdine          70%
La Verne              67%
SCU/McGeorge  63%
Loyola               58%
Cwu/Hastings  56%
Southwestern   51%
TJSL                   45%
USF                    44%
Golden Gate     36%
Western State   32%
Whittier            30%

Re: CA Bar Pass Rates, Feb 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:20:38 PM »
Interesting I am guess like 8 people at Berkeley took the exam to get a 100% bar passage. I am guessing the few Boalt grads that didn't get it the first time around nailed it number 2.

I personally think bar passage rates particularly February ones where it is typically the part timers, repeaters, or attorneys licensed in other states or those that for personal reasons did not take the bar first time around take the February one.

I don't know how reflective the numbers are of anything, but Chemerinsky can tell his bosses at UC Irvine that he finished no 2 in bar passage above UCLA and Stanford. If you look into the substance probably 9 or so students took it from Irvine, but when your in academica spinning numbers is what you go to do. Meanwhile the administrators at Hastings and Loyola are probably catching heat.

It is all in good fun and congrats to those that passed!  To those that didn't get it the first time around plenty of people take 2 or 3 times and it can certainly be done!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:13:14 PM »
These are first time takers only, no repeaters. But yeah, schools like Berkeley had only a few takers. Others had 50+, though, so that's probably at least somewhat reflective of their overall performance.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »
Interesting.

Stats are always fun to look at, but I personally don't think they mean a whole hell of a lot, but I am a random guy on the internet and what do I know.

When the Stats favor your situation they are great when they don't they are not.

Regardless 50% of the time it works everytime  :)

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 08:17:53 PM »
Statistics can be skewed but still mean a ton when you can clearly see extremes. Sure if one guy takes it then it will be 100% pass or 100% fail
but if you have even 9 guys who ALL pass vs another school with 90 people and 80 of them FAIL it...........it matters.