Law School Discussion

POTUS

Re: POTUS
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2015, 07:46:48 AM »

Another drippy day.....Cumin for my popcorn......

Careful there Cin, pretty sure that's a felony in some of the more conservative states

Independents dont care about left or right states.  We call it like we see it.  Cumin is neutral.  And not a good synonym for cinnamon. Lol

« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2015, 08:31:46 AM »
If you can recognize the interest in a nixonian politician you don't belong in this discussion. There are plenty of other topics you can discuss on lsd.

As was explained to you, the initial leaked reports that Clinton was being investigated were incorrect. That the FBI is conducting an investigation into the overall matter is correct, but she is not the target of an investigation; that was a retracted story. I realize that you don't have the time or energy to get these basic facts correct, even when it was explained to you over five weeks ago, but it is what it is.

Some media outlets want to keep saying that Hillary isn’t a “target” of the investigation (a statement of fact which is at the very least out of date, and is altogether unconfirmable now.

Loki, I think you have been lied to and you believed it. I'm sorry, bro.

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »
Whoa, whoa are you alleging that a media outlet might misconstrue the facts in favor of a political candidate?

Are you also claiming that a politician might have done something less than noble? Possibly even directly lied about something?

What next are lawyers going to start arguing?

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
Whoa, whoa are you alleging that a media outlet might misconstrue the facts in favor of a political candidate?

Are you also claiming that a politician might have done something less than noble? Possibly even directly lied about something?

What next are lawyers going to start arguing?

Liar? Really? a politician? A newspaper?
Nope. Just the facts, m'am.

It's not the question its the cover up, the secrecy, the her story. The changing story that cops suspect.

And an attempt to destroy classified info.

Prima facie

Citylaw, most politicians lie. its the ones who everybody knows are bad liars who get caught, like Richard Nixon and Hillary Clinton who we dont give the benefit of the doubt to that make politics as interesting as a cobra mating with a mongoose.

The only doubters are Clinton supporters at this point.
It's irrelevant that mrs. Hillary's word cloud has LIAR as its foundation.

Nixon lived through it and kept the presidency, right?

« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2015, 04:13:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs (exhibit 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEmjwR0Rs20 (exhibit 2)

That should give you some fuel.

A different President with a different cover up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs

The point is you can get rambling responses from countless Presidents avoiding the simple answer to questions.

Politicians, stretch the truth it is part of the job and why we decide to freak out about random lies once in awhile is beyond me.

You can't be completely honest as a President, simply cannot be done Democrat-Republican whatever. However, people join the media onslaught of whatever the flavor of the week is in.

If the media wants we can spend months talking about the air-pressure in a football.

Blah blah, but why isn't there focus on a candidate's ability to effectively run the country. In my lifetime I know Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama have lied countless times. The next President whether it is Hilary, Carson, Trump I don't even know will lie and/or stretch the truth.

That is what Politics is and it attracts people that are capable of blatantly lying. That is not necessarily even a bad thing, our great American Hero George Washington lied, cheated, killed, and committed treason to create this country.

So it just simply baffles me when everyone likes to make a spectacle on some random issue, but what is truly great about this country is you can speak your mind about the issues freely. I don't agree with you, but plenty of people will be happy to bash Hilary with you.

I will be doing something else, that you probably think is a waste of time, but as long as our right to Free Speech, Association, etc is standing let the politicians lie, cheat and steal and do some good along the way as well, it won't impact my life all that much.

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »
Citylaw.
I agree with you most politicians lie.  Most presidents lie.

And I'm an independent who only wants our next president to succeed

Freaking out over one Random? Or not random lie is a little extreme.

But, like I said when we get a politician like Richard Nixon or Hillary Clinton and have watched and or can watch their degeneration and demise first hand it is quite exciting. Watergate was oddly exciting.  Do you see what I mean?

Maybe I'm a bit of a cynic. Forgive me.

Oh, and I  definitely dont like it when the press makes a spectacle of sone random issue

« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
Freaking out is an extreme tone, and not what I meant.

My point is that clearly this Hilary Benghazi issue is important to you and you do not want to see her as President. I don't have any strong feelings about her one way or the other, but you clearly cannot stand her and that is your choice.

One of the most controversial and interesting Supreme Court Decisions Citizens United v FEC centered solely around the right to fund a movie about how bad Hilary is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC

This is the same case that people say makes corporations people, but that is a little off base, but the point is people out there do not like Hilary, others love her and others like myself could care less about Hilary.

However, keep speaking your mind that is your right.

« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
Thanks for the link citylaw

It's the clandestine activities and actual classified info that she incompetently handled and top secret info that she tried to destroy and her actions to thwart inquiry---like Nixon that make her a liability.  Benghazi is basic incompetence and deception.

But, the polarizing candidate is a non starter for independents. Like the bushes. She admitted as much. She called Republicans her enemy. So, we, you included should be warned that with a Republican congress she would be 4 years of disaster.

Ask yourself this? Which other candidate-- sanders and Rubio, fiorina, Carson, Paul. Who has more problematic and dangerous baggage than mrs Hillary?

« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
If the Russians, Chinese, al quaeda, isil hacked her system she put Americans lives in danger.  It's reckless and endangering. Understand? Not so much benghazi- democrats love bringing that one up all the time. Thankfully, There are about 5 other options.

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2015, 01:32:58 PM »
Wow!! Got some Orville Redenbacher brand popcorn

Now mrs. Hillary has potentially violated usc 18 section 1001. Mmm mmmm good.

It got Martha Stewart 5 months in the slammer.
Most of us just want her in restraints like Richard m. Nixon.

Lets have the FBI expedite this puppy.