Law School Discussion

POTUS

loki13

• Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
Re: POTUS
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2015, 02:28:13 PM »
*sigh*

"Mishandling of classified info shouldn't be difficult to grasp; we are just waiting to see in what manner this is prosecuted. "

Tell you what Cinnamon. We'll make a little bet- if they prosecute Clinton (or if she accepts any sort of deal that isn't some de minimis arrangment), then I will post "Cinnamon is right, and a political savant."

If not, then you will post, "Loki13 was right, and a political savant."

Loser doesn't get to post about politics again. We will give it, what, a four month time frame? Say, Christmas? One of will get a Christmas present. Sound good?

loki13

• Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2015, 02:43:08 PM »
But, fwiw, I neither know, nor care, if Clinton is telling the truth, or did something wrong.

You seem to place great valence on certain issues, no doubt influenced by your priors. I could care less. Clinton is not my preferred candidate. I just make Bayesian predictions. That's why I still think that Clinton will be the Democratic nominee - not because I support her, but because I know that Sander and O'Malley will never win the primaries, and no one else has (yet) announced their candidacy, and the Clinton, to date, has gone far past anyone else in the invisible primary. Also? Most voters aren't paying attention right now, so while you might care deeply, unless something real develops (which is unlikely) this will just be considered more partisan smoke- people who don't like her will continue to not like her, people who do like her will think it's a partisan witchhunt, and people in the middle (all three of them) won't be able to tease out the details a year from now.

Based upon what I know, I find it exceptionally unlikely that this will amount to anything. In addition, you have misinterpreted the facts to date (IMO). That doesn't mean you can't be right. Anything can happen. Maybe there will be some smoking gun. Maybe the constant "drip drip" of revelation will erode Clinton's support and cause her to drop out of the race. But I doubt it- and I find wagers tend to clarify matters.

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2015, 07:20:57 PM »
Cin seems to have "should" confused with "will"

I remember a kid I grew up with telling me once when another kid threatened to kill him "He CANT do that" "what?" "He'd go to jail, so he CAN"T, this isn't some movie, this is REAL LIFE, get a clue!!!!"  (I almost felt the need to pop popcorn and get a rain coat and goggles to sit in the front row for the show)

The kid lived, and no doubt thought that "proof" of his theory, but it blows my mind to this day. Prison is filled with murderers but Ted Kennedy wasn't sharing a cell with anyone of them. Nor will Hillary.

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »
But, fwiw, I neither know, nor care, if Clinton is telling the truth, or did something wrong.

You seem to place great valence on certain issues, no doubt influenced by your priors. I could care less. Clinton is not my preferred candidate. I just make Bayesian predictions. That's why I still think that Clinton will be the Democratic nominee - not because I support her, but because I know that Sander and O'Malley will never win the primaries, and no one else has (yet) announced their candidacy, and the Clinton, to date, has gone far past anyone else in the invisible primary. Also? Most voters aren't paying attention right now, so while you might care deeply, unless something real develops (which is unlikely) this will just be considered more partisan smoke- people who don't like her will continue to not like her, people who do like her will think it's a partisan witchhunt, and people in the middle (all three of them) won't be able to tease out the details a year from now.

Based upon what I know, I find it exceptionally unlikely that this will amount to anything. In addition, you have misinterpreted the facts to date (IMO). That doesn't mean you can't be right. Anything can happen. Maybe there will be some smoking gun. Maybe the constant "drip drip" of revelation will erode Clinton's support and cause her to drop out of the race. But I doubt it- and I find wagers tend to clarify matters.
Loki, you know how much I HATE the idea the agreeing with you, even remotely, on anything, but also factor in that this guy already claims to not only know what WILL happen in the future but what DID happen in the past. He was there I guess??? So much for due process. A Republican said she did it. She must have done it.

« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2015, 11:32:28 AM »
What is more real Politics or Pro Wrestling?

In both you scream as loudly and taunt the other, but then put on a fake show and don't actually do anything.

To summarize why does anyone care anymore about Politics than who the current WWE champ is?

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »
Maybe because politics elects executive regulatory and legislative lawmakers, plus the ultimate lawmakers, SCOTUS.

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »
Any of them are competent enough to figure out the basics Hillary, Jeb, and then maybe 2024 we will have Chelseas Clinton and Jenna Bush go at it.

If Romney was the President right now I would more likely than not be doing exactly the same thing he was fine, Obama is fine, etc.

Just like any pro wrestler can do a body-slam I don't know who the WWE champ is, but I am sure he can bench over 300 lbs.

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »
Uhh... What?

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »
Made an analogy that didn't make a much sense and not surprisingly my bad analogy is confusing.

So my point if I you even really want to call it that is that people get really worked up about Politics for no reason. In my opinion anyone seriously running for office "I don't consider Trump" a serious candidate is capable of doing a fine job. Hilary Clinton is smart and politically savy, Jeb Bush is as well, Obama is as well, I could go on and on, but any serious candiate for office will do a fine job. Sure you might prefer one over the other, but despite what Fox News says about Democrats and MSNBC says about Republicans the world will likely be fine. I.E. had Romney been elected President (There would still be problems in the Middle East, Stocks would go down/up, on and on, you would pay income tax maybe a little less under Romney, but deal with a few more societal problems or pay a little more to have a few less societal problems.)  So essentially if anyone with the possible exception of Trump, wins the election I am sure we will all be able to rant on LSD and go about our lives. Therefore, I don't understand why anyone cares that much about politics.

The point about wrestling is that they are huge and strong and whoever the champion is right now can probalby bench 300lbs and the next one will be able to as well. Just as Obama is smart we all survived, George W. is smart and we all survived, Clinton was smart we all survived, Bush #1 is smart and we all survived, Reagan on and on. They all made both good and bad decisions, but at the end of the day whoever is the Politican will not impact our lives as much as people think.

See South Park Episode when Obama wins the Presidency and everyones problems are not fixed.

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
THIS is a better south park example of politics IMHO

http://www.watch-tvseries.net/series32/SOUTH-PARK/season-11-episode-05-Fantastic-Easter-Special

We should apply this to America.