Law School Discussion

New Car if I fail the Bar with a Cheat Sheet

New Car if I fail the Bar with a Cheat Sheet
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:51:30 AM »
Talked to a rep about Smarter Review Cheat Sheets.  He told me that if a Cheat Sheet "can't help [me] we'll buy you a new car."  I got a Cheat Sheet.  Is that a binding agreement?  Do I have to fail to get the car?

Re: New Car if I fail the Bar with a Cheat Sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 09:18:10 AM »
I feel a joke in here somewhere...............

on a serious note the big sheets you see at the book store DO help. (they helped me a ton) But they are huge and laminated and no chance of getting into the exam.
Flashcards helped me a lot too (both in school and in bar prep)

I am 99% sure I saw people cheat on the bar exam and get away with it.  Remember, you can go back and chance your multiple choice and essays as long as in the same half a day chunks. Is there time to run back and forth on each thing? Heck no. Could you leave tiny marks on the questioned MC and even the essays and then quickly read notes and run back to alter in time to get points raised by enough to raise a fail to a pass? For sure. It's too ballsy for me though. I'd get caught. But with new thin phones, you could even search the net. Its ballsy but you could do it. I am pretty sure there were people who did. Heck, we ALL know folks who did so in school. Same idea but with slightly higher security. Be one of the folks on accomodations and the ability to do it skyrockets IHMO too.

That being said..........Character and Fitness people.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 10:21:59 AM »
Talked to a rep about Smarter Review Cheat Sheets.  He told me that if a Cheat Sheet "can't help [me] we'll buy you a new car."  I got a Cheat Sheet.  Is that a binding agreement?  Do I have to fail to get the car?

Well, if the car's value is over $500 the UCC SOF kicks in and it has to be writing. Besides, it's a joke (although...Lucy v Zehmer!).

I don't think the OP is talking about actually cheating, I think that's just the name of the company. But anyway, cheating on the bar? You'd have to be out of your mind. I can't speak for other states, but in CA the proctoring was pretty intense. You would get caught, and you would throw away three years of law school.

I'm positive that we were NOT allowed to check anything during the exam. Again, maybe this varies by state.

As far as cheating in law school, I'm sure it happened occasionally but it was not common at my school. In fact, the general attitude was that we would happily turn in fellow students for cheating. There was one incident where a few people got caught cheating on a Contracts exam, and it was a huge deal. They were booted and/or voluntarily left law school. After that, people were pissed off and watched for cheating. 

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 06:13:51 PM »
I'm not aware of any U.S. state bar that allows consultation of any materials other than the exam itself and it's pretty clear OP is talking about a bar exam materials company, not misconduct on the exam.

Smarter Review's "Cheat Sheet" bar review's whole system of limited reservation tickets seems off to me. Why would they not be able to make extras? Are students getting different materials from the other? It appears you are only able to use the materials for one sitting.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »
I'm not aware of any U.S. state bar that allows consultation of any materials other than the exam itself and it's pretty clear OP is talking about a bar exam materials company, not misconduct on the exam.

Smarter Review's "Cheat Sheet" bar review's whole system of limited reservation tickets seems off to me. Why would they not be able to make extras? Are students getting different materials from the other? It appears you are only able to use the materials for one sitting.
Thus why I covered BOTH topics (and spoonfed the transition as I did) Also.......yeah I'm pretty sure I don't know of any states that "allow" misconduct either........go figure huh.....

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »
You want a cookie? Or for me to lock the topic, because the mic was dropped?  ::)