Law School Discussion

[deleted by user]

Brett McKay

• The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
Re: The nerds list: what do you do for LSAT prep everyday?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 10:12:50 PM »
I do 4 or 5 games a day. and 50 LR questions. I haven't really beeb practicing RC that much because it has been one of my stronger sections, but after today I'll probably start again because I missed six when I usually miss two or three. I'm redoing all the games over and over again like underdog, and I'm finding that it's helping out alot.

PetuniaGrrl

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 10:43:13 PM »
give us some more games bigU, that last one was fun

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 07:56:40 AM »
When you read an argument, make sure you always:

1.  identify the premises
2.  identify the subsidiary conclusion(s), if any
3.  identify the main conclusion
4.  analyze the relationship between the premises and the main conclusion; does the main conclusion follow from the premises?  if not, it's a flawed argument.  make a mental note of why it doesn't follow.  if it does follow, make a note of that too - because for method of reasoning questions, you want to have a familiarity with the different types of methods used to construct arguments.
5.  identify any causal relationships, if any.  if there are causal relationships, ask yourself if it's a valid causal relationship.
6.  diagram, if diagrammable and draw inferences
7.  try to identify as many assumptions as you can
8.  keep a separate set of notes of what your weaknesses are, and work on them.

I exercise at the gym three times a week in the morning too.  What will eventually happen to you, lsatgirl, is that you'll build a matrix or mental database of different ways to approach games, after you experience practicing many of them.  Once you have this matrix, games become easier.  Your growth in this area is exponential, not incremental.
Take it from me, this is a good approach.  I dunno about the subsidiary conclusion part, but everything else was spot on.  I got a 170 last october and am attending a top school, feel free to shoot me a pm and ill see if i can help before law school starts in a week.
good luck

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 07:57:23 AM »
I do 4 or 5 games a day. and 50 LR questions. I haven't really beeb practicing RC that much because it has been one of my stronger sections, but after today I'll probably start again because I missed six when I usually miss two or three. I'm redoing all the games over and over again like underdog, and I'm finding that it's helping out alot.
nice progression on your scores.  good job.

Brett McKay

• The Frugal Law Student
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Law Student
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 08:14:45 AM »
Thanks 3peat. Just a few more points and I'll have my goal. 

Underdog BARKS

Re: [deleted by user]
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 09:17:45 PM »
The UNDERDOG deleted this thread too.

DOWNY RULES

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »
Looks like theunderdog is the troll. I just came across a bunch of deleted threads by him.

itsmegark

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »
Are you even the original Downey Cooley???

I mean, are you the legendary troll that I used to talk smack to?  Well, you are old-school, there is no place for you in LSD.  Garkunkle has taken over.  But, I retired, so I guess you can start your trolling again.

ARE YOU THE ORIGNIAL DOWNEY?