Law School Discussion

Has any online laws schools lately applied for ABA accreditation?

Re: Has any online laws schools lately applied for ABA accreditation?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
I don't think many law schools offer weekend programs, at least not where I live. My part time program was M-TH, usually 6-9, sometimes 6-10:30. That was pretty standard for all the part time programs I looked at. I don't remember seeing any weekend offerings. 

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 03:11:22 PM »
Well then that is a factor too. If the one she would commute to HAS a weekend one, do it. If not, don't

I think she was in Florida. Cooley has one there. And lets face it, ANY ABA is better than non ABA. And if commute if the bane of her life, the commute needed for the out of state hybrid would kill her too. I'd say do that, or do nothing.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
Thanks for weighing in, and providing more accurate information so that others will understand law school - even part time - isn't a 1 day a week thing. Yes, I have researched the part time schools within a 5-hour radius, and yes, they require classes 4 evenings a week. That would require that I at a minimum get a little apartment and live away from my family during tthe weeks (and give part of the weekend to commuting home). That's not feasible. I have, however, committed to this journey and will proceed. I agree, we all make the choices we need to within our own contexts. Frankly, I wouldn't have chosen to go to law school at 22 - and at the end of my Ph.D. (which I earned at 26) I was DONE with school. Three more years at that point would have been a disaster, and I didn't need or want a law degree then. Funny how life ebbs and shifts. What will law schools do with millenials who have multiple careers in a lifetime? Is law (or maybe medicine too) the last of the dinosaur professions where the majority enter as young people and stay until they retire? I doubt it, and I sincerely hope that law wakes up and recognizes that reality is changing. I wonder if there are stats...

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
You say that you have "committed to" it and plan to "follow through" but how? Which progam EXACTLY do you plan to go to? Because I don't recall you committing to anything but a general idea of "something" yet.