Law School Discussion

Baby bar test scores

Re: Baby bar test scores
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »
For the purposes of law school, regional accreditation is sort of irrelevant. The only accreditations that matter are those from the ABA or a state bar. The vast majority of lawyers (employers) will view an online degree as "unaccredited", even though it is technically accredited. Maybe one advantage is that you can get federal student loans if the institution is regionally accredited?

Personally, if I were considering the online/correspondence route I'd look at 1) cost, and 2) bar pass rates. Most employers will frankly be skeptical of any online program, period.

As Citylaw said, online programs can be the right choice for the right student. The decision requires a realistic assessment of the applicant's goals, and where they want to live. For some people, it's the only chance at obtaining a JD, and can be a good choice.

barprephero

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
Regional Accrediting is a factor for financial aid

I would say that the reason why people flunk online so bad is that most go since they cant get into ABA.
If you have a 170 LSAT and a 3.9 GPA in a BA Degree then yes, online should be ok
If you have a 140 LSAT (or are just too scared to take it) and a 2.7 GPA from a AAS at community college............why bro why?

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
Because I loved mock trial!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

barprephero

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 11:56:21 PM »
Because I loved mock trial!

Sorry, couldn't resist...
Dear God Sir!!!  :o

Do they even do that with online schools? I can't imagine how they'd do a real one. I could see them CALL it that but I can't imagine it being of any real comparison.

Its like when you see people brag on youtube about being online law students in law review and so proud. WHY?!?!?!? WHO Is going to read your "published" articles from that place, the teacher and the 12 people who graduate that year sitting the bar with you out of the 100 classmates who started with you???

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 12:12:23 AM »
Does anyone have a nice compact chart of bar (and/or baby bar) pass rates for the DL schools?

I know that I can open the exam results one at a time and copy/paste all of them into a text file, but I'd rather not recreate the wheel if someone can point me to one.

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 09:58:39 AM »
The California state bar website lists FYLSX results by year, but I guess you'd still have to compile them yourself to track long term comparisons.