Do you think my experience/credentials might help me as an 'ambulance chaser' or someone that might defend against 'ambulance chasing' claims?
As other posters suggested a 170-175 is not easy, and places you in the top 5% of college graduates that were motivated enough to go to law school, study for the LSAT, and had the fortitude to actually take the LSAT. There is a 95% chance you will not score that high. I imagine with your background you can score sufficiently high enough to attend an ABA school, and there is a 5% chance you will score a 170-175. With that said, I think your best bet is to study for the LSAT and take the test. If you enjoy studying for the LSAT you will probably enjoy law school, and if you get a great score awesome the world is your oyster. If you hate studying for the LSAT and get a terrible score then law school was not for you. I know many people in your situation with an active career, which is where I was when I applied start thinking of the countless possibilities that could happen and put the carriage in front of the horse. For now give up a few weeks to study for the LSAT and one or two hundred dollars for the test fee. If the score and studying goes well then really consider the pros and cons of law school. If the score and studying goes poorly then law school is not in the cards, and no need to stress about it. Good luck.
Intro170-175 LSAT is not easy. Seriously. I'll assume in the below that you get there, but understand that even assuming you are actually capable (not being mean, just realistic), it will still take a ton of work and effort to get there. Way more than you will ever expect. So, if you really think you can make it there, prepare to practice the LSAT BIG time - like part-time job (if not full time job) worth of preparation.
I'm a hospital pharmacist without any overt gripes about my profession or job currently. On the other hand, I cannot see myself doing this forever. I do enjoy the field of medicine and I would like to know what my prospects and options are regarding law school and a career as an attorney.My GPA in school was a 3.1, but I believe with good preparation I can score well on the LSAT. With what I've got and a best-case-scenario LSAT score of 170-175, what would my options be?As far as what I should look into to further evaluate whether or not I should take the plunge, what niche might my credentials and experience be suited for? I've considered IP law but my real interest would lie more around litigation and regulation in the field of medicine. Legal counsel for a hospital or a pharmaceutical company maybe? Or simply working as a medical specialist in big/mid law? I've read in other discussions that there is no benefit to having any credentials; that experts fill that role, but I feel as if my own understanding of medical sciences may help with evaluating and analyzing research materials.Thanks in advance for your help
Page created in 0.515 seconds with 18 queries.