Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Touro Law School question  (Read 250 times)

Tchristolias

• View Profile
Touro Law School question
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
Ok serious question I know it's not the best school in the world but I'm looking for some insight to people who have applied here in the past

So my lsats aren't the greatest (148) and my undergrad gap was 2.65 and graduate gap was 3.5... Taking lsats again on September 27 so hopefully I'll do better

I'm looking at tuoro as a realistic option but I want to know if anyone with similar qualifications has been admitted and how much do the admissions committee take into account your personal experience when applying to law school? I'm 27, a current police officer, and I'm an elected county committee member... I also volunteer a ton of time in assisting various charities through my fraternity

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Touro Law School question
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »
Touro is not Harvard, but an ABA school that will provide you with a quality education.

To answer your question they will consider your experience, but at the end of the day law school admission is really a numbers game. A good website to look at your chances of admission is lawschoolnumbers.com. http://touro.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1314 this is the Link to Touro's site it appears they accepted someone with similar numbers.

If you are in New York I also encourage you to apply to CUNY, which is significantly cheaper than Touro and has roughly the same admission standards.

Good luck in your pursuit of a legal career and feel free to use this board to ask additional questions about law school and the admissions process, there are some quality posters on this site.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Touro Law School question
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
Check out LSAC's admissions profiles for Touro, it should give you a very good idea as to your chances.

Here's something else to consider: with a 148 LSAT law school may not be for you. If you had a bad day and would have normally scored higher, then I'd say retake. But if you put in your best effort and scored 148, just realize that law school and the bar exam are about a hundred times tougher than the LSAT.

It's good to consider this before dropping $100K on tuition.