Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 162! YAY!  (Read 490 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
162! YAY!
« on: August 19, 2005, 05:30:16 PM »
Slept real early yesterday, woke up at 8am today and took the test with clear head at 9:30am.  Totally fluked out on the RC section and ended up scoring 162.  I think there were 2-3 LR questions that I recognized but I took the full time to do them so I wouldn't bias my score by hurrying through those questions and gain more time to do others.  I know that I need to definetely improve on my RC section becasue for some reason it took me such a long time to analyze each passage that I only  managed to finish 2 full passages and glimpse through the third one.  I fluked out by getting all questions right on the two passages and getting some of my guesses on the other two, scoring 20/26.  But i'll take this mark and be satisfied for one day. Back to more studying tommorow. :D

CocoPuff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: 162! YAY!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 05:33:51 PM »
Congrats! Are you taking in Oct?
There's just this for consolation: an hour here or there when our lives seem, against all odds and expectations, to burst open and give us everything we've ever imagined"

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 05:38:05 PM »

Yeah I'm taking it in october.  I'm really aiming for 158-160.  If i can get that, i can get in to some of the canadian LS i really want.  I'm trying to remain realistic about my score, and study hard to attain the score I need.  I think I need to work on my stamina and just keep doing the RC passages so I can attain it.  Oh, and GET THE SLEEP I NEED BEFORE THE EXAM so i don't screw up like i did on the second diagnostic! ;)

CocoPuff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 06:06:25 PM »

Yeah I'm taking it in october.  I'm really aiming for 158-160.  If i can get that, i can get in to some of the canadian LS i really want.  I'm trying to remain realistic about my score, and study hard to attain the score I need.  I think I need to work on my stamina and just keep doing the RC passages so I can attain it.  Oh, and GET THE SLEEP I NEED BEFORE THE EXAM so i don't screw up like i did on the second diagnostic! ;)

You should be able to hit that, no problem. Just keep up the practice and you're good to go. Good Luck.
There's just this for consolation: an hour here or there when our lives seem, against all odds and expectations, to burst open and give us everything we've ever imagined"

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 06:38:43 PM »

You should be able to hit that, no problem. Just keep up the practice and you're good to go. Good Luck.

Yeah I really really hope so.  I put in way too much time to do bad on the october exam.  Honestly I can't imagine me going through this on december.  From now on until october I'm going to study early and sleep early.  I can't afford to change my sleeping patterns and screw up on the real thing. 

BTW, are you writing it in oct as well?  If you are, GOOD LUCK~!! ;D

CocoPuff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 08:05:23 PM »

Yeah I really really hope so.  I put in way too much time to do bad on the october exam.  Honestly I can't imagine me going through this on december.  From now on until october I'm going to study early and sleep early.  I can't afford to change my sleeping patterns and screw up on the real thing. 

BTW, are you writing it in oct as well?  If you are, GOOD LUCK~!! ;D

No, unfortunately I will be waiting until December. I just started hitting the 150's and I need all the time I can get to bump that score up. I'm hoping to make it to the mid-160's. It's good that you're getting it out of the way, it's extremely stressful.

S.J.

• Sr. Citizen
  • That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 08:22:15 PM »
Congrats!
T25 or bust

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 08:53:53 PM »
Congrats!

Thanks SJ! I just wished I could've pulled this kind of mark on my second diagnostic.  Crazy how 30min sleep got me 150 (7 misbubbles and other mindless errors) and 8hours of sufficient sleep gets me 162.  ;)
Hope i score 158-160 on the real thing!