Law School Discussion

LLB (Graduate Entry)

barprephero

Re: LLB (Graduate Entry)
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
Yes, no automobile accident means PI attorneys will be hurting - there ain't much money in slips, falls, and emotional sleights.  Since the older ones are likely untrainable they will have to join the other 100 million people who don't work and never will unless the can muscle out the existing baggers at Safeway and greeters at Home Depot.  The fact state bars don't even see it coming shows how little they care for their members.  You saw it here first but will read it later at the bottom  front page personal interest story on the digital WSJ ten years from now.
Fair enough. You seem to have thought this out. I really don't think robot cars are an issue, but I can see some GREAT lawsuits for strict products liability and maybe even class action against companies when they (as all things) mess up.

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »
People mess up about 100 times more than robots who cannot drink, text, eat or fall asleep while driving.  On top of it imagine the waiver you will need to sign to get your hands on one of those robot cars?

barprephero

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »
People mess up about 100 times more than robots who cannot drink, text, eat or fall asleep while driving.  On top of it imagine the waiver you will need to sign to get your hands on one of those robot cars?
Quantity vs Quality, I'm saying it will be a major suit. And the victim getting hit likely didn't sign the waiver.
Plus you can't waive everything, even if you sign it. Just because its in writing and consented to doesn't make it enforceable.
There would still be money to be made.

On side notes to that robot car idea, do you think open intox, "driving" drunk or asleep will still be illegal?

I take it you are an auto accident attorney?

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 07:35:39 PM »
Haven't done much PI, didn't much care for it.  I'm just saying take people out of the equation and the number of accidents should eventually drop 99%.

barprephero

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 10:26:25 PM »
Haven't done much PI, didn't much care for it.  I'm just saying take people out of the equation and the number of accidents should eventually drop 99%.
maybe, but its really a neither here nor there argument
fun to have to just shoot the breeze, but seems purely academic for at least the next decade (if not far longer)