Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Donald Sterling Lawsuit ?  (Read 854 times)

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Sterling Lawsuit ?
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »
I am sure he will sue her and make her file bankruptcy to destroy her life pretty easy case against her. Invasion of privacy tort with  gigantic damages.

As for the NBA it will just be interesting essentially he is the victim of a crime and being penalized for the crime committed against him. The question I would frame is can you penalize someone for a crime perpetrated against them the answer would seem to be no, but I am very interested to see how it all plays out.

I.M.D.Law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 07:29:22 PM »
I am sure he will sue her and make her file bankruptcy to destroy her life pretty easy case against her. Invasion of privacy tort with  gigantic damages.

As for the NBA it will just be interesting essentially he is the victim of a crime and being penalized for the crime committed against him. The question I would frame is can you penalize someone for a crime perpetrated against them the answer would seem to be no, but I am very interested to see how it all plays out.
Its what she wants. Extra publicity and she lives out of others wallets anyways, so her credit score means jack

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 07:57:03 PM »
He can get whatever money she has at least and then whatever reality T.V. show she gets on he can garnish her wages etc.

He will mess up her life, but she might benefit from it in the long-run although most likely in a year or two everyone will forget about her and Donald Sterling.

Remember when that Malaysian airliner went missing? Huge news for about two months then everybody forgot something else will happen and V Stiviana and Donald Sterling will be forgotten about.

I.M.D.Law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »
He can get whatever money she has at least and then whatever reality T.V. show she gets on he can garnish her wages etc.

He will mess up her life, but she might benefit from it in the long-run although most likely in a year or two everyone will forget about her and Donald Sterling.

Remember when that Malaysian airliner went missing? Huge news for about two months then everybody forgot something else will happen and V Stiviana and Donald Sterling will be forgotten about.
She is an attention whore, she wants what all attention whores want to be the center of attention
and again, she lives off others, she wins