« on: June 16, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »
Does anyone still come here?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:45:12 AM »
Does anyone still come here?

Not as much as they used to but there are still a few of us around.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »
What did happen here? It seems like even as recently as a year ago there were way more people posting.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:13:14 PM »
Still around, still posting. But I would like to think the decrease in posts has to due with the vast responses to common questions we have already done....

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
As we discussed in another thread, I think it mainly has to do with the emphasis placed on TLS.  Pre-laws LOVE to talk about making 6-figure salaries in Biglaw as if that's the lottery or something, when in reality (A) most lawyers don't make that and (B) even if you do make $160k/yr, it doesn't mean you're rich.  But I digress.  My point is, those folks migrated en masse to TLS a few years back and have been there ever since.

barprephero

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
ITS A BLOODY CONSPIRACY IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 05:03:19 PM »
Just saying... my perspective is much more positive...  ;D

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »
 ;D

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »
Just remember this: the National Enquirer is one of the biggest selling periodicals in the nation. People love salaciousness, gossip and immaturity, all of which are available in spades at TLS and most other law school related sites.

I didn't know about this site when I was applying to law school, and I wish I had. There is some great advice here, beyond "don't go" and "re-take the LSAT."

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 07:50:49 AM »
Great post Maintain nice reference to the inquirer it is unfortunate how  exaggerated and extreme stories in many areas of life prevail.