Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Did you apply to ABA and CBE?

(1/2) > >>

@_@:
I am curious if our CBE students applied to ABA as well, or if they knew going into it that they only wanted to apply to CBE schools?
If you did apply to ABA, were you accepted and still chose the CBE option? If so why? If you have been enrolled for awhile now and/or graduated, do you still feel it was the right choice?

Maintain FL 350:
I didn't apply to any CBE schools, but I did consider them initially. They were cheaper and offered more flexible part time programs. In the end, I did well enough on the LSAT to get a large scholarship to an ABA school so the decision to go to an ABA was easy.

If I hadn't gotten a scholarship, then a CBE degree for $50k vs. $150k at an ABA might have been much more attractive. Also, I already had numerous contacts within the legal market so finding a job wasn't really going to be a problem. If I had been younger and less experienced, accreditation would have been a much bigger issue.

Citylaw:
That is an interesting question I honestly never considered CBE schools when I was applying, but I was an idiot as a 0L and thought rankings etc mattered.

Knowing what I know now I might have considered a CBE school and gotten out with much less debt to end up in the same spot a licensed lawyer in California.

CA Law Dean:
At Monterey College of Law (a CBE law school), appx. 50% of our applicants report that they have applied to both CBE and ABA law schools (usually Golden Gate and Santa Clara given the geographic proximity to Santa Cruz and Monterey). We don't know how many get accepted to both, but of those that we accept, usually about 5-10% ultimately choose to attend an ABA school.

@_@:

--- Quote from: CA Law Dean on June 01, 2014, 12:47:20 PM ---At Monterey College of Law (a CBE law school), appx. 50% of our applicants report that they have applied to both CBE and ABA law schools (usually Golden Gate and Santa Clara given the geographic proximity to Santa Cruz and Monterey). We don't know how many get accepted to both, but of those that we accept, usually about 5-10% ultimately choose to attend an ABA school.

--- End quote ---
what is your acceptance rate of those who apply? I can't imagine many get told no (or am I wrong?) Isn't the standard just a 2.0 with 60 credits and no lsat score at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version