Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical Reasoning  (Read 498 times)

mestifo

• View Profile
    • Email
Logical Reasoning
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:17:11 AM »
Hi! I've decided to take the June LSAT (which is on the 29th June), but i actually cant get my head around logical reasoning. Ive looked at the power score books, but i am still getting an 8/25 or around abouts.

HELP!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Logical Reasoning
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:52:47 AM »
june test be hardest ever.

I.M.D.Law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »
Hi! I've decided to take the June LSAT (which is on the 29th June), but i actually cant get my head around logical reasoning. Ive looked at the power score books, but i am still getting an 8/25 or around abouts.

HELP!

Have you looked into other free ones from the public library?
What is your overall practice (raw) score right now? In theory you can (to some degree) make up for a bad area but doubling down on other areas too.
Remember also that the actual LSAT test results are scaled AND practice questions tend to be harder than the real ones (odd are you will do better on the real exam)

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »
Remember LR makes up have of the exams score, if you are not reasonably happy with your performance in this area, it does not do you much good to take the exam. If you are not feeling ready, push back to the September test.

As for peeping, be willing to mix things up, if the Power Score books are not working for you try one of the others, either Manhattan or the LSAT Trainer (the trainer has several chapters free on their web page... http://www.thelsattrainer.com/ )

Good luck,

I.M.D.Law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:23:05 AM »
Remember LR makes up have of the exams score, if you are not reasonably happy with your performance in this area, it does not do you much good to take the exam. If you are not feeling ready, push back to the September test.

As for peeping, be willing to mix things up, if the Power Score books are not working for you try one of the others, either Manhattan or the LSAT Trainer (the trainer has several chapters free on their web page... http://www.thelsattrainer.com/ )

Good luck,

I agree that you can push it back, but I'd still take it (if you can afford to pay to take twice) since it will give a better feel of "the real experience"
Many people who end up with high scores in the end were repeaters, factor that in.