Law Students > General Board

How many actually grew up WANTING to be lawyer?

(1/3) > >>

@_@:
Be honest, what was the REAL reason you did it?
Failed the MCAT?
Applied while drunk?
lost a bet?

Burning Sands, Esq.:
Definitely did not grow up wanting to be a lawyer.  I came to this realization late in the game after a career in engineering. Engineering was cool but not my passion.  Law suited me better in terms of intellectual stimulation.  Plus when I researched careers in law I saw that they provided substantially more compensation than my engineering gig was capable of, which was definitely a motivating factor.  In retrospect, as a 0L I didn't realize how friggin' RARE it was to actually obtain said compensation (that's a whole other story).

LawOwl:
Growing up, I wanted be an NFL quarterback. It wasn't until I took an entertainment law class in high school at the ripe age of 16 (and a realization that I don't have the size or talent to be the next Brett Favre) that I decided being an attorney was my true calling. I know some people stumble into law school without knowing why or even without seeing the inside of a courtroom prior to starting but I know this is what I want for myself.

@_@:

--- Quote from: LawOwl on June 07, 2014, 10:34:28 AM ---Growing up, I wanted be an NFL quarterback. It wasn't until I took an entertainment law class in high school at the ripe age of 16 (and a realization that I don't have the size or talent to be the next Brett Favre) that I decided being an attorney was my true calling. I know some people stumble into law school without knowing why or even without seeing the inside of a courtroom prior to starting but I know this is what I want for myself.

--- End quote ---
How old are you now? graduated and licensed? Enjoying it as much as you had hoped?

LawOwl:
I'm a 0L but have worked at various firms in college. I have been in court with my team of attorneys about 10 hours a week over the past year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version