Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TAP Harrisburg 2014  (Read 1244 times)

kmeyer

• View Profile
    • Email
TAP Harrisburg 2014
« on: April 17, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »
Hi!  I'm looking for other TAP 2014 students that will be attending the Harrisburg campus, in hopes of maybe getting to know some classmates and possible study mates.  So, is anyone out there attending this May?  Thanks!

FutureLawyer555

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TAP Harrisburg 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
Hi! would you mind sharing your LSAT score range? I am planning to apply to Widener as well and would like to know which scores they accept? thanks!

kmeyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
I"m sure many others would agree that LSAT scores are personal.  No, I will not share my score.  If you are interested in score ranges for Widener, this information is public on the school website, and there is also information on scores on the LSAC website.  You can do simple research to get your answers.

I am looking for possible study group individuals.

FutureLawyer555

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »
I have already researched and reviewed all of that information long before I thought about applying to law school. I just want some insight from someone who had already gotten in. My apologies if I had offended you. Thanks anyways.

Thyork2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 06:03:02 PM »
Hello - I was accepted into the 2014 TAP program (at Widener Law - Harrisburg). I am excited and anxious to start. Are you doing anything to prepare for May 20th? I have read the book "Getting to Maybe." I found it very helpful. Please feel free to reach out if you are still interested in forming a study group.

Hi!  I'm looking for other TAP 2014 students that will be attending the Harrisburg campus, in hopes of maybe getting to know some classmates and possible study mates.  So, is anyone out there attending this May?  Thanks!

kmeyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:00:31 AM »
Yes! I'm interested. I sent you a message.

estone8190

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 06:11:20 PM »
I just found out I got accepted into the TAP program also... Is this legit.? I've done some research and it seems like I had potential but they want me to pay a lot of money to decide if I am in fact good enough to go to their school.... I haven't gotten the information about the financials but it seems like I only have a few weeks to come up with over $1500 .... And I would be commuting an hour and a half to get there. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I was considered but if the final exams are curved the likelihood of a decent number of people getting the 2.3 GPA required to attend in the fall may be very low... Thoughts......?

@_@

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »
I just found out I got accepted into the TAP program also... Is this legit.? I've done some research and it seems like I had potential but they want me to pay a lot of money to decide if I am in fact good enough to go to their school.... I haven't gotten the information about the financials but it seems like I only have a few weeks to come up with over $1500 .... And I would be commuting an hour and a half to get there. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I was considered but if the final exams are curved the likelihood of a decent number of people getting the 2.3 GPA required to attend in the fall may be very low... Thoughts......?

TAP it brother
But don't do it unless your in it to win it
If your gonna TAP it, TAP it HARD!!!!!

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
Realistically I imagine Widener wants you to succeed remember at the end of the day law school is a business and they need tuition money.

I am completely unfamiliar with Widener, but I imagine this program is a way to see if people are capable of putting in the work required for law school. I am sure Widener would love every student in TAP to perform well and pay tuition for three years, but ABA schools need to be sure there students are capable of passing the bar.

I do think a situation of commuting an hour & half for this program is not a good idea. To succeed in law school and the legal profession you need to be all in and 1.5 hour daily commute on top of the rigors of law school is not a good combination.

kmeyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »

To me, it is worth every penny. If you read through the material provided you will find that some of the cost is kicked back to you if you get in. I was at the campus bookstore yesterday and asked a few questions. It sounds like you are graded solely on your work, no curve, at TAP. They really would like to see everyone succeed. Plus, when the fall starts, you will have a bit of a leg up on others because you will have already learned some basics like reading/writing get briefs. If I understood correctly, this year's valedictorian came in through TAP.