Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Did not get accepted to Concord Law School  (Read 1386 times)

DeltaBravoKS

• View Profile
Re: Did not get accepted to Concord Law School
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
I agree with the general direction given by the other posters.

The Dean listed a link on the CA bar web site that has information for all the DL schools.  You indicated you are looking in to NWCU.  They have one of the best track records and it is a long record.  You may also want to consider Taft.  They have been around a while too, and they are accredited by DETC, which would benefit nothing in the legal profession, but may help with acceptance of the degree in general, federal financial aid, and employer reimbursement.

Why did you pick Concord in the first place.  Was it all you heard about?  There are quite a few out there.  Do your research as others have suggested and you will likely find something you like.

Finally, as a few others have mentioned, why did you fail?  It is also my understanding Concord's entrance standards are rather low.  If that low hurdle is too low, maybe law study isn't for you.  Some of the DL schools seem to have no entrance standards--except for the money.  We've probably all done bad on a test or two, but you should seriously examine what went wrong and consider how that will affect your study of law for four years.

Good luck.  If you would, please, keep us posted.

I.M.D.Law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Did not get accepted to Concord Law School
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »
I think you should wait 6 months and reapply. You might want to reevaluate everything and possibly retake the LSAT. Law school is not going anywhere, and you might want to take a few months to really study for the LSAT to make sure you are ready for the rigors of law school.

Good luck.

I would just make sure to go to one that can sit the bar exam. Accredited is best, but just avoid the unapproved at all places like "novus" (www.novus.edu) there are total scams out there. Avoid those.

You most likely already have this link, but I'll post it just to be safe in case it helps someone. It gives a detailed list of bar approved schools.
http://admissions.calbar.ca.gov/Education/LegalEducation/LawSchools.aspx