Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Did not get accepted to Concord Law School

(1/3) > >>

mychan24:
I did not get accepted to Concord Law School JD program, but they offered me a seat in their EJD. It's either I wait 6 months to retake it or start their EJD and retake the admission exam ( that's what the advisor told me). I really dont want to do their EJD because that is not my interest and it would be a waste of time if I do so.

I was just wondering what's a good alternative DL law school or any advice you guys can give me?

Citylaw:
I think you should wait 6 months and reapply. You might want to reevaluate everything and possibly retake the LSAT. Law school is not going anywhere, and you might want to take a few months to really study for the LSAT to make sure you are ready for the rigors of law school.

Good luck.

jonlevy:
IMO I also think EJD is a waste of time and money.  If you think you have the right stuff, try another online law school like Taft.  Although, getting rejected by Concord might give one pause for thought about the entire affair. 

GovLaw:
I'm a big supporter of distance learning, but it's difficult not to see EJD as a waste of time and money in most instances.  I'd wait and retake, or maybe move on to Taft (which I think is pretty much comparable with Concord).

Maintain FL 350:
In my opinion an EJD fails the cost/benefit analysis.

1) You can't practice law with it.
2) Does anyone take it seriously?
3) It's expensive.

If you simply want to learn something about the law without having to prepare for the bar exam, you can buy a few books on Amazon and save yourself thousands of dollars.

Lastly, you need to find out why you were rejected by Concord. Their admissions are pretty open, and this could indicate a major problem with your ability to study law. Figure this out before you drop thousands in tuition at another school, or Concord.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version