Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: District Judge v. Magistrate Externship  (Read 287 times)

RomerNW

• View Profile
District Judge v. Magistrate Externship
« on: February 04, 2014, 03:45:57 PM »
I am wondering if it will make a significant difference when applying for clerkships with district judges, whether I have exeterned during 2L with a magistrate or district court judge. I realize this is a really generally question, and there are a lot of other factors a judge will take in to account, but any thought would be helpful, and appreciated.

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: District Judge v. Magistrate Externship
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »
It cannot hurt the more Federal Court experience you have the better, but no guarantees.

Finding a job in any profession is really a crapshoot, but if you stay positive and keep applying good things will happen.

RomerNW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:23:58 PM »
It cannot hurt the more Federal Court experience you have the better, but no guarantees.

Finding a job in any profession is really a crapshoot, but if you stay positive and keep applying good things will happen.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it!

Citylaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:06:06 AM »
No problem also just FYI a really great, but rarely used website the allows law student and recent graduates legal jobs is the BYU intercollegiate Job Bank, which is run through the BYU law school. I am not mormon, but it is a great site here is the link http://www.law2.byu.edu/site/career-services/find-a-job

It is password protected, but the username is Jobfind and the password is Cougarjobs . Just FYI the password changes every month. This job bank has almost every ABA law schools career service website on it and is what I used when I first graduated to find legal work.

Good luck in the rest of your legal career.