Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: miami law schools  (Read 537 times)

aymyv71

• View Profile
    • Email
miami law schools
« on: January 30, 2014, 01:23:58 AM »
how hard is to get accepted to miami law schools?

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: miami law schools
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:25:35 AM »
Which schools, specifically? There are varying levels of difficulty.

Take a look at the admission grids on LSAC. Find your GPA/LSAT range, and it will show you how many applied and how many were accepted with your approximate numbers. This will give you a good idea as to your chances at a particular school.

LawOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:14:32 PM »
 U of Miami is probably the hardest to get into with a 3.5/157 median (roughly) followed by FIU with a 3.4/156 median (roughly) St. Thomas is the easiest to get into with a 3.1/148 median (roughly) but it is what you would call a dumpster fire as in on 30% of their grads are getting jobs so I wouldn't go there. I think  U of Miami is the only school worth attending to get solid prospects after graduating in the area. Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center is in the Ft. Lauderdale area and dominates that market (which is about an hour north of Miami) but UM still holds a strong presence there too. FIU is a good bargain since it's so cheap but I unless you want limit yourself to JUST the city of Miami, I wouldn't go. Nova is strong in Broward and Palm Beach and so is UM but UM is king in Miami
"I do not shy away from responsibility, I embrace it"- JFK

tampadave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »
My daughter is an Ohio State graduate with a 157 LSAT and 3.03 LSDAS GPA.  She was accepted to UM Feb 10th and FIU on Feb 4th with a $47,000 scholarship award.  As "homework", she asked me to track the various law school forums and share her application information with others. I hope this helps.

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
The best medium for this information is actually lawschoolnumbers.com

Congrats to you and your daughter!