Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ATTN Applicant's to the FLORIDA BAR!!!!!!  (Read 300 times)

FloridaBarApplicationHelp

• View Profile
ATTN Applicant's to the FLORIDA BAR!!!!!!
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
ATTN: Florida Bar Applicants! I can help!
My name is Kristen and I am a former analyst at the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, (from May 2008 -- December 2012). It was my job to conduct background investigations of applicants to the Florida Bar, such as yourself, and to prepare reports to be viewed by the Board and Supreme Court. This experience allows me the unique opportunity to help you through your bar application process: be it from beginning to end, or wherever you are in the process now.

As I'm sure your law school has told you, it is imperative that you complete your bar application with the utmost honesty and candor; however, there are other mistakes that can get you into trouble and greatly lengthen your processing time or result in investigative and/or formal hearings, or withhold of admission. I'd like to use my experience to help you avoid these mistakes.

The Florida Board of Bar Examiners typically tells you that "Normal processing of your bar application takes 6-8 months." Unfortunately, they do no explain "normal." If you are not "normal" (ie: you meet certain internal criteria that requires further review by staff) processing can take over a year. This can be very frustrating to an applicant or worse, an applicant's current or potential employer. I have the ability to look over your application and give you an estimate as to whether your application will require further review or hearings, and I can suggest courses of action to help ameliorate any mistakes you may have made (inadvertently or not).

Please feel free to contact me via email with any questions about how I can help you. Confidentiality and discretion were absolute requirements when I worked for the Board and that standard continues in my relationship with you. Whether you'd just like a fresh pair of eyes to look over and make corrections to your bar application before submission (typically $100) or have someone you can speak to throughout the processes and help you when responding to the board's requests (typically $300), I'd like to offer my assistance and the peace of mind that comes from having someone to talk to who understands this process and will be honest with you about it.

Please feel free to connect with me via LinkedIn as well:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kristen-stoddard/16/a3a/465

Please be advised that I am not an attorney, and the materials in this post are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date and should in no way be taken as an indication of future results. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver.