Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcript not Processed- Submit Application for Fee Waiver?  (Read 247 times)

legallybecks

• View Profile
Transcript not Processed- Submit Application for Fee Waiver?
« on: December 28, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »
I really need some advice on what to do. I was planning on submitting an application to Loyola Law and American Law before December 31, 2013 in order to get the fee waiver they are offering. I really need the fee waiver and might not be able to apply without it. I took the LSAT in December and will not receive my score until January 6. This is not a problem because I contacted the schools and they said they will hold my application until I get the score. However I realized that my transcript has still not been processed from my undergrad institution. I contacted the schools and everyone is on holiday break. So my options are:

1) Submit the application before December 31st without the transcript or LSAT and receive the fee waiver.
OR
2) Submit the application after with the score and transcript and pay for the application.

Which option would be best? I really need to get the fee waiver but I do not want my application to suffer without my transcript. What should I do? How can I make this work? Will it look bad or will I be able to add my transcript to my application after I submit the application? Please help!

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transcript not Processed- Submit Application for Fee Waiver?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
Apply and grab the fee waiver now. Your application will be received, however, it will not be complete until all items (i.e. transcripts, LSAT score) are sent in. In fact, its actually going to be to your advantage to do this as it will take longer to process your materials the longer you wait, which means you will be competing with a larger pool for fewer open spots.

Good luck!

legallybecks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »
Thank you so much Miami88. I am grateful for the reply. Quick question:

If I do submit the application minus the transcript will Loyola or American still receive the transcript automatically (from LSAC)? Also, will my application still be considered without the transcript?

I am just really nervous that my application will be put aside because it is not complete. Thank you!

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
I would of course double check - but from my understanding...

1) If I do submit the application minus the transcript will Loyola or American still receive the transcript automatically (from LSAC)?

Yes, as soon as LSAC processes it, they will send it over.

2) Also, will my application still be considered without the transcript?

No. Schools will only review a complete application. Note that this means slightly different things to different schools, like the number of LORs and what not, but usually the LSAT and transcripts are mandatory for completion. The schools will process any information they receive, but they won't review it for a specific decision until it is complete.

Good luck!